Sunday 24 July 2022

Mom's Memorial ⛪

We had my Mom's memorial two weeks ago day.
I still find it hard to believe she's been gone since April. We all miss her dearly, especially my Dad.


We had a lovely gathering with friends and family by her beloved chapel. There were poems, prayers, music, and memories for her. I read what I wrote about her precious hands.
The cardinals wind spinner was a gift for my Dad in memory of my Mom from my sister-in-law and older brother, he loved it.

 
My nieces made cupcakes for the luncheon, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. They were delicious, especially the strawberry ones!



Dad was a little disappointed that more photos weren't taken by him or others, but being there without worrying about photos was more important! But we did get some before it was over, so that was nice.





My "sisters" from elementary and jr high.



These wonderful ladies helped my Mom out so much.

My older brother's best friend since they were in elementary school.






My Dad had this sweet bear made from my Momma's nightgown. My brothers each received one and he had one made for him out of another nightgown that he liked. A treasure for us all.




It truly was a wonderful day spent with dear friends and family. Thank you to those who were able to join us in remembering my precious Momma. I know there were many who wanted to join us but were unable to be there, thank you for your kind words and thoughts.


Now the hard part continues, not having her with us. I keep reminding myself that she's where she wants to be, pain free and with Jesus! 
Until we meet again, I love you my precious Momma.

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

An emotional time for you all, but such a blessing that so many family members and friends were able to gather together and share memories of your Mom. I'm sure she was looking down and smiling upon you all.

Carol said...

Hi there Astrid ... this sounds like it was a lovely way to all get together to remember your mum. Whilst it's sad that's she's no longer with you, I'm sure there were lots of lovely moments too. x

Vickie said...

Wow. This looks like it was a wonderful, love filled, beautiful celebration of her life. God bless you all. I am sure this is very, very hard Astrid. I have lost my Father, not my Mother. I am praying for comfort for all of your hearts.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That looks like a wonderful memorial to your Mum with so many loved ones sharing their memories of her.
My Uncle passed away very suddenly a few years back and I try to share stories about him with his daughter that she might not have heard before. It's a good way to keep his memory alive.

diamondc said...

Astrid: This is a lovely tribute to your Mother.
She is in your hearts always.
It was wonderful of your Father to have the Teddy bears made.

Catherine

Faith... said...

I am sorry your family is having to go thru this Astrid. It is clear that your Mom touched many people's hearts and she will be missed by all. Just remember that she is always with you in your heart while she is watching over and protecting you and the family.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I can see the family love for your mum and between all of you in your lovely photos. Hugs for you all, treasure your memories x x