Friday 22 April 2022

Scenes from a retreat... 🌊

...so far!

This is my first year attending the NJ Shore Retreat and this is the view from the deck. Gorgeous!


That required a walk to the beach before it got too dark.


The view of the house we're staying in, I think there's 20 stitching ladies, with a couple of commuters.


Our middle of the day view.


First time I've seen all this on a horseshoe crab.


And what do stitch while at the beach? My Emerald Mermaid, of course!


I decided to frog the area that I started to stitch over one and go back to over two.
(what the HE was I thinking?!)


That's if for now, the weekend isn't over yet.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like a fun event and what a beautiful place!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Simply can't imagine how much fun you must be having. Not only a beach but also like-minded people surrounding you. Must be bliss!

diamondc said...

Astrid: How lovely you were able to attend a retreat.
Lovely photos of the ocean and crab.
Beautiful progress on the Mermaid.

Catherine

Mary said...

How lovely to spend a weekend stitching on the beach! I spent 2 days on the NJ shore last week and it was so relaxing. It must have been hard to stay inside and stitch when your at the beach!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely way to spend a few days. The mermaid is the perfect project for a seaside retreat too! I do love over one skin but mermaids have a little bit too much skin for all that work!

Vickie said...

I am glad you are stitching her skin the way you are comfortable with Astrid. I hope you have a really great weekend.

FlashinScissors said...

Sounds like a great weekend, and you can get your sewing done too! Win win!
Have fun!
Barbara xx

Katie said...

Oh how fun. Ripping over one is next to impossible. Hope you were able to get it out without any damage.

Faith... said...

What a great view! Very appropriate stitching piece you have there!

I hope that you had a lot of fun and got to relax a little.