Wednesday 23 March 2022

Moving forward ❤

First of all, I want to again thank those who have left comments and/or messaged me otherwise about Chewie. I have received almost nothing but love and compassion.
Each day has gotten better, but I still think of him every day and am reminded of him all over the house and yard. Maximus has been sitting in three of the places that Chewie liked to sit when the sunbeams came through the doors/windows. Maybe he misses him just a little bit?
Nathan's chin is doing better, no more stitches. Although he does have a lump there, possibly from the skin? He might need to see another Dr about it, we'll have to give it more time to heal but hopefully it will settle down. He really is a sweetheart, he continues to ask me if I'm okay, giving me snuggles and hugs.


I've decided to take a break from this piece for now, so here's where I've left it.
I have a Mill Hill kit to work on for now until I decide what I want to pick up again.



This sweet girl is always happy to see me when I visit my parents and she loves when I play with her and her critters. She really is a darling little thing.


Having fun with my Momma, 


and Dad is a hoot trying to get Addie's attention for photos!


Dad took this one as he was hiding in the chapel, but Addie saw him coming out.
Ignore that ugly backhoe in the background, my parents are filling in their pool and it's not finished yet.


And once again, I'm behind on reading and commenting on blogs, I'll do my best to catch up again.

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Astrid: This is an amazing world when people who we do not know personally can give condolences and love through the internet, blog world is a very unique world.
Sweet Sampler, nice progress.
cute photo of you and your mother.
Your father is adorable.
Addie is adorable.

Catherine

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know it takes awhile to grieve the loss of a family member, no matter whether they are two-legged or four. I still miss our Odin whom we had to put to sleep when he was only 4 - he was going blind and we couldn't have a blind dog around my dad who was living with us and needed a walker to get around. Hardest decision we ever had to make and even though we know it was for the best it still hurts a number of years later.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hugs Astrid, it takes a while and enjoy the memories. Great photos of your mum and dad.

Katie said...

Beautiful progress. I get bored after a bit on the same piece too haha. Enjoy your next piece. Love the photos of your parents. I wondered how they were doing. Hope Nathan's chin heals up quickly.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this witches doing a jig! Such a fun piece but I agree, sometimes you need a break from all black.
I'm pleased to hear Nathan's chin is healing, I hope he doesn't feel bad about what happened. The cats must be wondering what's happened too, even if they didn't interact, they will notice the space he has left in the house.

Faith... said...

Seems like the whole family is missing Chewie a little bit. I do hope Nathan won't have a scar on his chin and if he does that it won't be very noticeable. Maybe it will be a good story to tell the girls when he finds one he likes? I love the piece you put to the side for a while but as you probably know I am a person who love to change pieces to prevent boredom so i understand. That is why I have so many WIPs!! :) I love your Dad's "hat" he is wearing while he is the photographer. Your Mom is looking pretty good. How does she feel?

Shelly said...

Aww, your parents are cute! Glad Nathan's chin is healing. That lump might be scar tissue. Fun pattern but I'd have to take a break from the black too. Give yourself some slack, you've all been and still going through a stressful and sad time. Take care.