Saturday 27 June 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🐈

This afternoon/evening was nice enough to sit outside in the enclosed porch, not too hot and the ceiling fan helped. Chewie was keeping me company while the guys were making pizza for dinner.


Even though I've been stitching on this every day, it's been slow going. Those tiny stitches clustered together take a little bit longer.
Thanks for the suggestions, I think a mummy is definitely called for!


My evening drink was more cider than shandy, but still quite tasty.


This is our neighbour's sweet kitty, Harley. Sadly, he passed away while they were away. You always knew that when you heard a jingle, he was nearby and would come to you when you called him. He will be greatly missed.


He loved to tease visit with Maximus and Ming!


We had this sweet kitty Nathan had outgrown, so we got Harley's collar (it was brand new and he hadn't even worn it yet) for him to wear and gave it to our neighbours. Obviously not as good as the real thing, but at least they can snuggle him and remember him always.


Do you have a favourite stuffed animal? I'm not sure I have only one, I like too many of them!

10 comments:

Mad Englishwoman said...

I like your porch. It looks really comfortable and pretty. Chewie is such a good name for a dog!

Clare-Aimetu said...

So sad about Harley, what a lovely thing to do for your neighbours, they will love having cuddles to remember him. Yes definitely include a mummy!

Vickie said...

The stuffed Harley with the collar is such a nice gift for your neighbors in their time of sorrow.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your porch looks like a comfortable place to while away a few hours. So sorry about Harley but you did a really caring thing by giving them a huggable reminder.

Mary said...

Your porch looks like the perfect place to sit and stitch. Such a shame about Harley, I hope it was natural causes and not an accident. Nice to give that lookalike to your neighbors. That moon alone looks like a ton of stitching!! This is quite the project!

Barb said...

We lost our neighbor cat, Jinx a few years ago. I think we felt worse than his owners. They let him be an outdoor cat when our woods are full of all kinds of animals including bear and coyotes! Your porch is such a great place to sit and stitch!

Faith... said...

Looking forward to a mummy! Sorry for your neighbor's loss but how sweet Nathan was to part with his stuffed animal for their memories.

Cathy said...

A mummy sounds great. Sorry for your neighbor's loss, but love the idea of the stuffed cat.

Katie said...

Chewie has sure found a happy home with you guys. Lovely stitching. Sorry for your neighbors. Losing a pet is so difficult. How nice to give them that stuffed animal. I bet they really appreciated it a lot.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely stitching spot. I have been enjoying my outdoor stitching too this year.
Sorry to hear about the neighbour's kitty but I am sure they appreciated the cuddly reminder.
We have a "family rabbit" that was my Uncle's as a baby. He gave it to me, I gave it to my son, who gave it to my Uncle's first Grandson. It is rather worn now and is for decorative purposes only!