Saturday 20 June 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 😴

Today, even without his bed near me, he chose to take his nap next to me. Sweet Chewie is having some issues, and we're going to do our best to make sure all is well.


I'm still working on the boring bits of this piece, and trying to figure out who will be sitting at the table in the lower right room. It's supposed to be two skeletons, but there will already be one at the door so I want something different. Any suggestions?


Last week I ordered from sweet Annette @Mind Your Needle on facebook. This is the lovely pink packaging she sent it in.
Of course I immediately of Vickie, I wonder why?!


These are the needle minders I chose when she was having a sale. And she even included a chap stick, my much needed accessory!


Although it's hard to use these since I stitch in hand, they're nice to have when I do use a Qsnap, and of course I will display in my craft room. 
Do you have a needle minder collection or a favourite one?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I also stitch in hand so don't use needleminders much but I have a Subversive Stitchers one I like. Hope the dog is better soon. --AVSXS

Vickie said...

Oh yes, a wonderful PINK package!! :)
I hope little Chewie is okay.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sorry I don't have a suggestion for what to put in your cross stitch room - I was thinking maybe pumpkins but not sure if that would work? What a pretty package to receive in the mail! I don't have a needle minder unless you count pincushions. I've often thought it would be nice to have one though.

Julie said...

You haven't a mummy, could you modify one of the other characters to be a mummy? I'm sure Jo will have lots of great suggestions being a Halloween stitcher.
xx

Linda said...

Looks good Astrid. I stitch in hand and don't use minders.

Linda

Cathy said...

Your haunted house is moving along nicely. I think mummies or maybe ghosts would work in that room.

I guess I don't use needle minders the same way everybody else does. I have a magnetic board that I use to hold my chart and use a needle minder to hold down one corner. I do put my needles on it when necessary though. I only have two needle minders, a butterfly and an ice cream cone that's losing it's "jewels".

diamondc said...

You are almost finished, I think someone else sitting at the table is a good idea.
Nice needle minders, I do have a collection.

Catherine

Mary said...

I though mummies for the window, I have 2 needle minders. I use q snaps but the needleminders rarely make it to my stitch! Lovely pink packaging and of course anyone who knows Vickie will think of her with all that pretty pink!

Katie said...

Love watching this piece grow. Good luck finding what you want in the room. I love needle minders. I use them on my magnet board to hold my pattern. We have to have bling haha.

Bethan said...

I do hope Chewie is okay. Lovely package and contents x

Faith... said...

I immediately thought of ghosts but maybe you can do a mummy and a ghost? Whatever you decide this piece if gonna be super cute. Nice minders; I do have a collection. I am going to have to get pictures and show them one day.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree, a mummy and a ghost would be great. I am surprised the ghost is not already in the design!