Thursday 12 March 2020

The People Chose ☕


So I've been slacking in Jo @ Serendipitous Stitching SAL, whoops!
I didn't really have anything for January (Lizzy Kate), February I only had one penguin (see below), but at least for March I've got some coffee! 😃


I stitched this one for my DH as a Valentine present.


I think this was another pressie for him?


Here they are together in the coffee nook along with the coffee mug I had made with the "Just draggin' without my coffee" on it.


I stitched this up again for an exchange. I think I like the blue mug better!


I haven't fully finished this one yet, but thought it needed a "frame". This was a freebie and I added Ming and Maximus to it instead of the single cat.
You can find this pattern at Cross Stitch Happy


I forgot about this one, I made it for one of Nathan's teachers at school who loves the Gilmore Girls - me too!
Another freebie online, but her blog is no longer up.


And my coffee choice? Pretty much anything berry, especially cranberry!



Here's my lone penguin, at least he's a cutie!


And here's another cute penguin, although he's a bit taller now. Not quite a foot taller, but getting close!


I'm not sure about next month, it's samplers and I know I don't have any of those. I haven't really seen any I had to stitch.

12 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great collection of coffee themed stitching, I love my coffee. Your penguin is cute, love the height phoyo ;-)

Rachel said...

Your coffee designs are cute (I commented to someone else that Mill Hill can normally be relied upon to come up with a design for everything!) and so personal to you.
Love your little penguin(s) too. Good job real penguins don't grow that big! :)

Mini said...

Aren't husbands best people to make gifts for :)
I like your penguin.
Can you tell the source of Coffee and cats one?
I'm surprised that many people are saying that samplers aren't their thing. I thought it was just me.

Vickie said...

Oh you have great coffee finishes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love your little Coffee Dragon. And the one about cross stitch and cats. Add chocolate and you have the four main ingredients for a happy life!
Cute penguins too, including the rare Nathan Penguin, the only one to live outside Antarctica!

Julie said...

You certainly had plenty of stitching finishes to fulfil this months prompt, well done.

Barb said...

Well, Nathan makes the other penguins look small! What a cute picture. Love all the coffee stitches! I am a coffee drinker but have never done a stitch about coffee!

Mary said...

Darling photo of Nathan!! I love coffee but have yet to stitch a coffee themed one. Yours are all great!! I'm so surprised you found one with a dragon!!

Katie said...

Great post. Lovely photos. Lots of cute coffee designs. Of course I love the dragon. My hubby loves this cherry coffee our local gas station has. He swears by it.

Linda said...

Love your coffee stitched pieces Astrid. I drink lots of coffee.

Linda

Bethan said...

Lots of lovely coffee pieces - the coffee dragon is very cute! I love Gilmore Girls too - I have a Lukes mug! x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love coffee so this theme is perfect! I really like the little coffee dragon - not because there's a resident dragon named Ellyron that lives in my sewing room!