Friday 20 March 2020

A Sweet Surprise šŸŒµ and JOY!

I had a very sweet surprise earlier this week...
the Astrid the Cactus pattern found it's way to my inbox!

My namesake was gifted to me by a very special RAK friend. Such a thoughtful gesture and as she said, "there can't be many things named after you!"
I think when I stitch her I'll have to include our name.
So thanks again, my dear RAK friend, perfect timing for what's going on in the world at the moment.


And because of that, I've decided the rest of this post will show JOY from this month, because that's what I'm choosing!


Every time I call my parents via their Alexa Echo Spot, Addie goes crazy because she knows it's me calling. Or in this case, Ming! And if I call on the house phone and they put me on speaker, she starts whining and licking the phone, I think she misses me.




Harley, our neighbour's cat, enjoying the sunshine.



My morning snuggle kitties.


On my walk this week.


March moon, love it.


And finally, this... JOY!!!
When this plays, watch out - volume up, dancing, and loud singing about to happen!


So in spite of what's going on in our world at the moment, be sure to look for joy, you might just find it in the smallest thing.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Astrid the Cactus is a cutie. :) And so is Addie! How sweet that she licks the phone! Stay well my friend.

Mary said...

Astrid, That's so cool to have a pattern with your name on it!! I agree with you, we have to find the Joy in our days. My pets bring me joy on a daily basis and it's always easy to find Joy in Nature. Lovely post and photos. Mary

Linda said...

So glad you and the family our doing good. Of course, you know I love love the kitty pics. We are fine here.

Linda

Katie said...

How cool Astrid the cactus. Enjoy stitching it. Love the idea of Addie missing you. Adorable! Thanks for sharing your joy. Have a great weekend!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Look for joy - we all really need to do that right now. Wise words Astrid. And I do love that wee cactus!

Cathy said...

I love Astrid the cactus, such a nice RAK! I also like all the other joyful pics you've posted. I'm having trouble finding joy in things today so this came at a good time!

Julie said...

Loving your moon picture, that's amazing.
Sweet Astrid cactus, so cute.
Trying hard to find joy in the simple things like so many others.

Kaisievic said...

Such a cute design, Astrid and how lucky are you to have a cactus named after you? lol! Great pics, loved the moon one particularly and thanks for the video - it made me smile.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cactus is adorable and has a lovely name too!
Nice to have the video phone link up with your parents. And dog!

Faith... said...

Cute cactus and what an honor for it to be named after you ;)

Hope your parents are weathering this virus well.

Bethan said...

Astrid the cactus is so cute - glad she made her way to you! Addie is very sweet. Thank you for the post of joy x

Rachel said...

I always try to stay positive and look on the bright side of even the gloomiest circumstances. We have a lot of joy in our house anyway as that's my mum's name! :)