Sunday 7 July 2019

Starting off July 🎶

Ok, who doesn't know what this means?


Hint - getting ready for concert at FedExField in DC with Karen!


Yes, it's the Rolling Stones! 😝


Oh my goodness, the last time I saw them in concert I was newly pregnant with the Gmen in 1997. It was a cold night and I needed to drink hot chocolate to keep warm and then kept having to get up to go the toilet!


Just a little scary looking on the big screen...


...but they still sound great!


My summer display, just right for July 4th.


Those Gmen causing trouble with fireworks.


I celebrated by finally drinking my birthday beer!


And I have a finish, sort of. I just need to add a charm and decide how I want to fully finish it. I changed the colours a little bit and added beads for the stars.
I won this on Vickie's Blog as a give-a-way and now it's my turn to share. I know it's after the 4th, but does it really matter?!
Please leave a comment if you're interested and I'll pick a name next Monday, July 15th.



Just for fun, some oldies!

13 comments:

RJ said...

Astrid..that was too good of a clue. Those lips are known everywhere. I know you are having a blast.

We are having a great give away so make sure you stop by and sign up.

Love your patriotic stitches. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

What a great post this was. I really enjoyed the old pictures. You must have had a great time at that concert!!Nice to see you stitched the pattern right up! :)

Mary said...

I got it!! lol..Was the concert as good as the one in 97?? I love the photo of the boys in the cowboy hats!! Your a cute couple too!!! So nice that your passing on the chart but I'll pass this time. Mary

Cathy said...

I love your finish and would love to have the chart! I didn't get your clue, but then I've never been to a concert. I enjoyed your 4th of July.

Rachel said...

Wow, The Rolling Stones, the 4th July celebrations AND your birthday beer. What a great week for you! Oh, and a lovely finish in there as well! Is it now back down to reality with a bump? :)

Katie said...

Please enter me into the drawing. I love that pattern. Your finish turned out adorable. Love the beads for the stars. I'm trying to work on a patriotic shelf like yours which looks fantastic indeed! I'm glad you enjoyed your concert and your 4th.

diamondc said...

Astrid: I love your Patriotic display.
I love the beads for stars, great idea.
Fun oldie photos.
My Brother Jo was able to meet the Stones and the Beatles and many other great groups, I of course am very jealous of him.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Astrid. Your display is awesome. Cute pic of the boys and I love your yard.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

I thought Glastonbury but then realised you are the other side of the sea Haha, lovely 4th of July display

Barb said...

Looks like you had a fun evening! I love the patriotic stitching and what adorable boys!!!

Julie said...

A lovely display for 4th July
Happy memories of your special rock concert, lucky you

Sheryl said...

Great patriotic stitching and July 4th display plus The Stones and your birthday beer, what a week.

Faith... said...

I do hope the concert gave you some satisfaction ;) I love your holiday display, it looks so great and so does your new finish! The oldies are certainly cute.