Thursday 31 January 2019

To Peacock or not⁉️

 The peacock was January and the border just came out for February.

Silly me, I thought at first it was just going to be just the peacock and the feathers were going to get bigger every month... and I wanted to stitch it!
But now I see it's more and I need to decide if I still want to stitch it or not.


This is the fabric I have, it's sort of a tan colour, but hard to tell in the photo. These are some of the threads I thought about using for the peacock.
I have no thoughts as to the border.

So now I'm not quite sure if I'm going to start, or maybe wait to see what March shows. OR, I could just stitch the peacock and be done!

Is anyone else doing this one?

11 comments:

RJ said...

Astrid, I would go ahead and stitch the peacock and then later make your decision if you will add a border. It will be fun and all those colors will look so pretty. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Mary said...

The colors are so gorgeous!!

Katie said...

I tend to wait until some more pieces come out to see if I will like the direction it's going. Good luck picking what you want to do.

Faith... said...

I have seen the Peacock and I like him a lot. As for these "mystery" SALs ever since I started one that I ended up hating I wait to see what the outcome is like before I commit myself.

Good luck making a decision!

Julie said...

I'm not a peacock fan.... not for me.

Cathy said...

I love the colors you've chosen. I'd either just stitch the peacock or wait to see what the other motifs are.

deb said...

When the peacock was posted, I thought he'd be wonderful by himself and the thread toss you have looks delightful. I'm also inclined to wait since mystery pieces can end up being disappointing, and since I have far less stitching time than I'd like, what if I end up hating the whole? I'd suggest you stitch the peacock, and if you love him and then end up liking the entirety, go again on larger fabric.

(so ... peacock, frame, eight spaces - wonder what we'll get the last two months)

rosey175 said...

Good luck with your mystery decision! I do not like mystery SALs because I like to commit to designs I'm sure I'll like.

Barb said...

That peacock would make a wonderful little pillow.

Bethan said...

I love the blues you have chosen! I definitely think you should wait to see what comes out next. If it's not something you want to do, could you design it so you add more and more feathers? x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the idea of making the peacock bigger and bigger each month! I say ignore the borders and just do that, maybe move through the spectrum of blue, turquoise and green?