Thursday 20 September 2012

Winner - Pumpkin Baked Doughnuts!

 
OMGoodness, best purchase EVER!

A couple summers ago at the Clarksville Picnic, I bought this Donut Express kit at the white elephant sale.  I almost didn't get it, but it was only $5 and I love my baking tins!  I used it once last year and then packed it away... until now!

This is where I got the recipe from, but I used regular all-purpose flour and it turned out fine.  I used both sized pans and might look into getting another small one.
Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts via King Arthur Flour

I also added some pumpkin spice to the cinnamon-sugar mixture and chose to put it in a bowl instead of in a bag.  The donuts definitely need to be warm so the mixture sticks to it.  I've seen some recipes that you dip the doughnut in melted butter first, but I'm trying to be somewhat healthy.

Here's my finished product, I think the smaller ones are cute!


*My take on the doughnuts?  Wow, amazing!  I don't know what else to say!  They tasted best when warm from the oven, but even the next day they were great.  The perfect amount of pumpkin and not overly sweet.

*Others take on the doughnuts?  The gmen said they were really good and had some for breakfast the next morning and also included some in their lunch.  Nathan had a little one and liked it, but would have preferred it glazed with sprinkles!  DH said they were good, but I think he would have like them glazed as well!

*Would I make them again?  Oh yes, today actually!  Even next week for the football team since this week's dinner was cancelled due to the "big storm" we got.  And especially because when I went to have one for breakfast this morning, they were all gone... thanks boys!

Question - Doughnuts or Donuts?  Tastes the same to me!
 
Next Pinterest Test Dummy - I'm thinking crafty.

2 comments:

Parsley said...

Oh...my...goodness...must...have donuts!

DJ said...

They were absolutely amazing!! I'll be your food taster anytime! Thanks for the visit!! *hugs*