Monday 30 January 2023

The Prairie Schooler Santa Scene 🎅

I've had these Prairie Schooler Santas for a while and I finally decided to start them.
I'm stitching them on 28 count over one, that's what fits best in the little houses. I know I don't have them all yet, but these will keep me busy for a while.


Surprise, I have my "support" system helping me!

This is the first finished one from 1984.
I saw this finish before, I think it might have been on Pinterest? I found these little houses and ordered them because I really liked how they looked. I added the border inside, I know I'll need more of that.


My helpers, Ming and Maximus.


2nd finished, 1985.


Sitting next to me, so much easier.


3rd finish, 1986.


They stole my spot this time!


4th finish, 1987.


And now to work on my 5th one from 1988.
After that I might take a break and stitch something else, but I'm on a roll!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You are on a roll, and they all look great! Sometimes a break can be good, but whilst you're in the mood for them, go for it!

Stasi said...

These are all o cute, Astrid. I like them on the blue fabric!

Katie said...

Oh love them in the little house. Perfect.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The little houses are perfect for those cute stitcheries. Even better are the furry models (who are most deserving of special skritches on my behalf for all their hard work)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are fabulous! They look great stitched over one too, there’s a lot of red otherwise, that size makes it less overwhelming!
Lovely to see the feline helpers too. A warm cat on your lap is just what you need in this cold weather!