Thursday 27 June 2019

St Michaels girls getaway! 🦀

I don't know if you remember, but in April we were supposed to celebrate Cori's birthday in St. Michaels. She ended up getting sick on her birthday 😢 and we couldn't go.
To make a long story short, Sallie, at The Parsonage Inn, was so accommodating, she let us postpone our trip to another time with no price change. So this past Sunday, we headed there to have some belated birthday fun!


Cori had never been there before so I knew it had to be special. In a way the delayed trip was better, the weather was absolutely perfect.


The flowers were out everywhere, so very beautiful.


This was the inside sitting area.


And this was next to it, with the dining room through the doors.


This little guy was waiting for us on the bed.


I set up a fun candy bar to celebrate her 50th.


There was supposed to be four of us, but only Kerri could join us. Our bedroom had a sweet sitting room and another additional little bedroom so we were all together.


We ventured out to see the sights and shop the shops.


Christ Church Steeple


St. Luke's Steeple


I love that we're still in Maryland!


This bad boy can stay in St. Michaels!


So many decisions, but we finally decided on where to go for dinner...


Good choice!


Our dining view on a beautiful evening.


Oooh, love those flags! 


OMGoodness, so delicious! Although I had to help Cori finish hers!


The 50's club!


And you can't go to St. Michaels without seeing a mermaid.


My two favourite goofballs!


We'll be coming back again, hopefully with more friends and staying longer?

Oh yes, we were party animals.


I was able to stitch a little while I was there, but especially liked being able to stitch outside our room in the morning. I figured this was the perfect piece to start there.
I wish I had taken a picture of our breakfast, it was amazing!


And our last bit of fun before heading back home.


My treasures from the trip, no big surprises.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like the postponement was not such a bad thing and you could enjoy the glorious weather. You make a lovely mermaid! :)

Mary said...

The postponement certainly worked out well weather wise! You all had a fun celebration in that lovely area of Maryland.

Vickie said...

Oh such fun afterall! Love your new t-shirts Astrid! And your new LizzieKate!

Linda said...

Looks like a wonderful trip Astrid. Glad you all had fun.

Linda

Katie said...

Looks like so much fun. I've never been to a bed and breakfast before. I think I would really enjoy it. Love your new piece and your new mermaid goodies of course.

Faith... said...

Looks like a great getaway and what a cute B&B! Glad the weather was perfect and you had fun with your friends; "The Party Animals."

Shebafudge said...

Looks like you all had an amazing time!

Julie said...

A birthday celebration definitely worth the wait, what a stunning house to sit with friends to stitch and have fun.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful trip. I love that house, inside and out! The town is just like I imagine small town America to look too.
So glad you all enjoyed the party time.