Friday 3 May 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground 🏡

Today brings me to my parents house, or should I say Mom's Gartenhaus. I came to spend the night with them because I'm helping Gman2 bring his things home from college tomorrow. Yay!

I'm still working on this for my Mom for Mother's Day, so this was the perfect place to stitch it without her seeing it.
Hey look, Bridgend, where I was born!


Here's what it looks like from the outside.


Very cozy in there, that chair is comfy!


And behind the door? Mom's private comfort station. 
This was included for her so that it would be easier to use instead of trying to make it back to the house in time. Luckily I went before coming out to stitch!


Beautiful ceiling and fan.


I'm thinking Dad must be using this more often than Mom, this is what he likes to drink. And how rude, no glasses in there for me to have an afternoon refreshment.


This was my view from the chair, Mom's chapel.



And even though it was a bit hot and humid outside, it was really nice and cool in there with the fan on low. And when it's cold, no worries... there's an electric fireplace there to keep you warm.
Dad has informed me that when they're gone, I'm supposed to take the gartenhaus AND the chapel back to my house. Um, okay?

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the Garden House, it's the perfect stitching spot.

RJ said...

Looks like a fabulous and comfy place to stitch. It's wonderful. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

I do not remember seeing the gartenhaus before. Wow. Do you have room in your yard for both??

Rachel said...

What a lovely place to sit and stitch in peace and quiet. Next time make sure you take a glass with you! :)

Mary said...

What a gorgeous little gareten house, inside and out!!! I love it and what a wonderful little stitching spot that would be. I'm envious!!

Faith... said...

I just love that your Mom has there little places that she can go to get away, relax or pray. Your Dad must be a wonderful man to give her so much. I guess that it is ok that your Dad sneaks out there every once in a while too LOL :)

Hope the move went smooth!

Cathy said...

Your hummingbird is coming along nicely. I'm sure you'll finish it by Sunday. I'm also sure that you'll be happy to have the Gman2 home for the summer.

It was sweet of your dad to create another sweet structure for your mom's enjoyment. Your parents are both very special people.

Linda said...

What a beautiful place to sit and stitch Astrid. I could see me spending many long hours of happiness sitting there.

Linda

Bethan said...

The Gartenhaus is amazing - did your dad build that too? x

Katie said...

Oh another beautiful little place to hang out. How perfect. I hope you can find a way to get them to your home.