Thursday 20 September 2018

This stinks 😠

Well shoot, my Mom's in the hospital again.
She was admitted Tuesday morning and diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia. And with all the rain and dampness we've had, her RA has been really bad so they've given her morphine for the pain. Poor Momma.

Nathan had off yesterday because there was a staff professional day at school, so we headed to the hospital to visit her. She was sitting in a chair when we arrived and was pleasantly surprised to see us.
She didn't look too bad, just tired. Although she's still coughing, I'm not sure that will ever go away. We stayed for about four hours or so, enough time to make sure she's okay, but not too long to wear her out.
My Dad said she's going to rehab again, he's just not sure when. 

At least she's got a pretty view from her room.


Please keep her in your thoughts and/or prayers, she's had a rough year. Oh, and my Dad too, he's exhausted being the care giver and hasn't been sleeping well at night for quite a while. Living two hours away isn't that far, but far enough away not to help out on a regular basis. 

13 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh Astrid, sorry to hear that your mum is back in hospital again with bronchial pneumonia, a rotten time for her and a bit difficult for your dad living so far away. I hope the rest and care will have her feeling better very soon and at home again.

Linda said...

Sending hugs and happy thoughts Astrid for you and your parents.

Linda

Julie said...

Oh no, I'm saddened to read this news Astrid.
Sending {healing hugs} for mum and lots of love to you all x

Vickie said...

Astrid I hope and pray your mother gets well now. Does this mean she will be with her friend Gail once again?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh no, I just left a comment on an earlier post saying I hoped she was feeling well. Hope she makes a swift recovery. (((hugs)))

DJ said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news, I hope she's feeling better soon. Darned weather....I bet she misses the warm dry climate of Arizona! Let me know if I can do anything for you so you can visit her more often. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. *Hugs*

RJ said...

Oh Astrid I'm so very sorry to hear of your Mom's illness and will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery. RJ

Barb said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear your mom is back in the hospital. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Hope she will make a speedy recovery and your sweet dad gets some very needed rest.

Faith... said...

Oh no! That does stink! Hope she can recover quickly so that she and your Dad can relax and breath! Prayers for all.

FlashinScissors said...

So sorry to hear that your mum is ill again!
Thinking of you all and hoping she makes a speedy recover!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Stephanie said...

Hello, dear Astrid! Please know that I am praying for your sweet mom and dad during this time. I truly hope your mom recovers quickly.

Thank you for the lovely visit to my blog. Your comment was a joy to read. Hugs!

rosey175 said...

o no! At least that view is really spectacular. Hopefully she won't have to see it long though!

Katie said...

My parents are both having a bad year too. Please stay strong. I will keep your parents in my thoughts. Being a caregiver is hard work but so worth it. Big hugs!