Thursday 16 August 2018

Another road trip! 🍁

July was our family vacation to Montreal, Canada. Plane tickets were a little pricey, so we decided to drive. It was actually a nice ride, I'd head that way again!


Passing NY City


Such a beautiful drive.



I thought this was the perfect thing to stitch in the car. This is the one I picked up last year when we went to Toronto. I think I'm going to make it a biscornu, but change up some of the designs as to what we've seen in Niagara Falls, Toronto, and now Montreal.


We arrived!


Montreal

Fun in Old Montreal



Jazz Festival while we were there.






This is what we did on July 4th, seemed appropriate. Not quite sure what's up with Nathan's expression!





The Biosphere




Some Montreal Street Art, it was everywhere.


We stayed near the Mount Royal Cross, so we hiked up there one afternoon after seeing it from afar.



DH and the Gmen went to a football game at McGill University one evening...



while Nathan and I hit the streets in search of ice cream. We found Le Bleuboy and enjoyed cooling down, 50's style!





A bakery we saw along our walk, just a little scary!



And then before we knew it, it was time to head home.



Overall a nice trip in spite of the heat wave! But next time we'll read the fine print and ask questions about where we're staying... no ac! Oh my, I think it was hotter here than at home. We had a fan for each of us to use, but it was still flippin' hot! We did a lot of walking, but survived. 
I'm not sure when, but I'm planning on our next Canadian adventure to be in Nova Scotia.


Not much stitching, but I did manage another block.

Ah, Tim Horton's, love it!

14 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like another fun trip Astrid. Loved all the pictures.

Linda

RJ said...

Astrid, I've always wanted to go to Montreal so I really enjoyed seeing your photos and hearing all about your trip. It looked like a fun and interesting vacation. Sounded like a great drive too. I would much rather drive than fly and see things along the way. Going through New England would be a treat. You will love Nova Scotia ... there I have been but many, many years ago.

Love your Canadian cross stitching...perfect way to remember your trips up north. How did stitching in the car go? Glad you all had such a nice time. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

What a great family trip. Good to get that in while you can!! Love your sampler.

Barb said...

Thanks for the "trip" to Montreal. It looks like a great family adventure. We went to Maine from KY one summer and hit a horrible heat wave. I felt your pain. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures!

Mii Stitch said...

Looks like you have had a great time. Great stitching update too :)

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. Looks like a great time indeed.

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh, that’s some journey!
Nice stitching!
Sounds like you all had a great time despite the heat.
Enjoyed the photos!
Barbara xx

Mary said...

What a wonderful road trip!! I am envious of those that can stitch in the car, I suffer with carsickness so I can't. You chose an appropriate stitch for the trip though! I can't imagine not having ac in the heat wave we have been having, who would have thought to check on that! I loved the old part of Montreal the best when I went. I would love to go to Nova Scotia, is that going to be another road trip?

rosey175 said...

Ugh, even NYC looks like it's melting. I can't imagine living having no AC now though I grew up without it. I would rather drive (or ride) places than fly anyway. :D Looks like y'all had a blast~

Brigitte said...

It was fun to look at all the pictures and so getting to know some sights of Montreal. It must have been a wonderful family trip.

Bethan said...

Looks like a great trip, Astrid. And driving there was a great idea to get all those wonderful views! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us x

Sheryl said...

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Montreal, thanks for sharing the photos. I think it a good idea to drive and see the sights on the way. Sounds like you all enjoyed the trip despite the hot weather. Our August here in the north of Spain has been splendid after a rotten June and July. Tomorrow rain is forecast and needed for crops and to refresh the air.

Julie said...

Lovely snapshots of your trip, what a fun time you all had.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great trip and 9 hours isn't really all that far. It's closer than I am to Scotland!

I spy the G-Men too, how nice that they still want to come on family holidays. Is that because the parents pay for everything? LOL