Wednesday 2 November 2016

Summer Fun (a little late)

We went on a cruise for the boys graduation, compliments of my mil - we had a great time!

Memories of San Juan, the boys have gotten bigger since the last time we were there, and we added one more!

Cori came over to stay at our house and watch the cats for us while we were gone and when she arrived they made sure she didn't leave!

Our family getting ready to board.

Minions run the ship!

 Vacation time!

Now this is relaxing.

Banana Fanta, Nathan's new favourite drink!


I think this little guy wanted to come home with us.


Happy Father's Day, DH!

Family selfie at dinner.


The boys were able to drink while on the islands, so they sat themselves at the bar and made friends with the bartender!

When we got back, Nathan went to scout camp and had a great time.

I think this was the first July 4th parade we participated in, we're usually away.

Then we went to VBS and had some more fun.

DH and the gmen went to Habitat for Humanity in DE, so Nathan and I came by with beach/drink cookies to celebrate DH's birthday.

I got to spend some time with my nieces at the Pottery Stop.

And this is what we created. Such fun!

And finally, some stitching!
Although I'm still not up to date, I'm working on August.
Here's June, I wanted my BooBoo Bear to be black like the ones we saw in Alaska. He's a little fatter because somehow I added more stitches, oops.

Not real happy with the baby, kind of hard to see it even though I did some light backstitching.

That's all for now, but there is more to come...



6 comments:

Linda said...

Loved seeing all the vacation pics Astrid. Looks like you had a great time. Congrats on the pretty finishes.

Linda

Vickie said...

Wow. Still amazes me to see how the Gmen have grown.

Bea said...

Looks like a fun - and busy! - month.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the photo recreation! My siblings would never do that, they hate our childhood photos LOL
Looks like a wonderful holiday too. I forget that adults can't drink in the US until they so much older than here. It seems strange when you drive at a younger age but can't have a beer! Especially when they are the size of your young men!
I love the darker bear you stitched and fatter is good for bears!

KimM said...

i so love your posts. They always make me smile. You are much farther in the SAL than me....I haven't started, but so want to!
xxx

Maggee said...

Wow! You had a busy summer! I know it goes so quickly! I like the bear just as you stitched it! Both pieces are very cute! Hugs!