Thursday 9 July 2015

Excuses, excuses...

 No way has it been over four months since my last post! I meant to update my blog, but life seems to have gotten in the way.
Ready for the excuses?...

#1
We celebrated our 20th anniversary a little early in Dubai. What a trip of a lifetime, we were totally spoiled - beautiful hotels, camel ride in the desert, helicopter tour of Dubai, and even the World Cup Races!
 I was able to stitch a little bit and even shopped for fabric in Old Dubai.
 Our last evening was a soiree at Sheikh Mohammed's beach palace, just beautiful.

#2
Baseball season - he loved it!

#3
Celebrating birthdays!
The gmen's, Cori, and Nana.

#4
Bring your child to work day, I helped out.

#5
Prom!
The boys didn't realize they picked out the exact same colour shirt and vest, but one wore a tie and the other a bow tie!

#6
Nathan's 1st Communion

#7
Mother's Day

#8
2nd grade goes to the zoo

to be continued... more excuses

BUT wait, I did get some stitching done!
Nathan's piece for the 1st Communion Quilt.

My gift to Cori for her bday, I made it into a mason jar lid.

My 20th anniversary gift to DH (not quite finished). He likes pandas and 20th is supposed to be China!

The card I made for Nathan's baseball team to give the coach.  

There's more, but I don't have pictures yet.

9 comments:

Julie said...

What a lovely catching up post, you have had some wonderful times.
Your boys do look so grown up for the prom, beautiful ladies they took with them.

Vickie said...

I had thought you dropped out of blogging. I really did. So glad you did NOT. :D
Great excuses. ;)

KimM said...

You HAVE been busy! Love all your excuses - take care - keep stitching and blogging -
xxx

Justine said...

All that and stitching too! Don't leave it so long next time please - you've been missed!

Maggee said...

It's called LIFE--and you can only fit in so much to a 24-hour day! You have been BUSY! World-traveler even! The kids are growing quickly! Hugs!

Linda said...

Lovely stitching Astrid and great pics of the family.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see you back! Looks like you've been having a great time too. My friend is emigrating to Dubai, she was moaning about the heat in the UK last week, I don't think she's quite prepared for Dubai!
The G Men look huge! Have you been feeding them again? Maybe it's because they are usually photographed in their American football gear so I think it's just padding, not muscles LOL

CJ said...

So glad you are back. Your trip to Dubai looks wonderful, what a way to spend an anniversary. They boys look great. I look forward to your next post.

CJ

DJ said...

You forgot to add your birthday in the list!! And St. Michaels!! But that's why I'm here, right? You've been so busy you've forgotten to make time for me....but that's okay, I'll be here when (maybe I should say IF) your life slows down....LOL I miss my buddy!