Sunday 18 August 2013

Summer Blog Hop

She's at it again, Jo @ Serendipitous Stitching is hosting a Summer Blog Hop with Home as the theme.  My fabulous stitched postcard is from Penny @ Larkspur Lane.  I really like this piece, especially with the kitty in it! 

 
Here's what home means to Penny ~
 
"For me, home is a place filled with the people I love and the things I love. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to have my little family under the same roof, and whether it is an old quilt, or cross stitched piece from my grandmother, or an old dish or butter churn from my great grandmother, they are all things that link me to the past, and are all part of what makes my home feel like home to me."
 
Be sure to check back to Jo's blog at the end of summer to make sure you haven't missed any postcards.
 

12 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Yep, the kitty makes all the difference :)

cucki said...

yup..the kitty makes the difference :)
i love cats..
hugs x

Vickie said...

Well now,the kitty is nice, but I tend to think that a poodle would a great difference! ;)
What a pretty, pretty piece. Love it. And I love the way Penny thinks. How nice.

DJ said...

What a lovely piece! The kitty sure is cute, but I just love that Victorian house! That's my dream house. Cute idea ... *Hugs*

Christine said...

What a lovely postcard!

Anonymous said...

A Lovely post card and sentiment (:

Penny said...

That little kitty ate the birds that were charted on this design, so it is a little fatter than it was supposed to be. :) I can't wait to see what you stitched for the blog hop!!

Julie said...

Great postcard from Penny, she is quite right it's nice to have things around you from past generations.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the blog hop. Love the little kitty too but Vickie's comment made me smile. If she was in charge every sampler would have a little poodle :)

Astrids dragon said...

Poodles are cute, but being a cat person, I'm all for the cat! Even if it did "eat" the birds, naughty kitty.

I love having the family together too, Penny. I just wish I had more family heirlooms. Maybe that's why I like stitching, something to pass along!

Anne said...

What a great postcard!! I love the little kitty in the corner :D

Lynn said...

I love this postcard and I have to agree that the kitty makes it!