Sunday 12 May 2019

Mother's Day Love 💐

This is the hummingbird I made my Mom and she loves it!
Unfortunately she wasn't feeling well today because it was so damp and rainy, so Dad is hoping to get a picture of her with it tomorrow. 


I decided to sign it this way and glued it to the back.


Mother of DragSons! 😉🐲


Through the years with my beautiful Mama!


I've posted this before, but thought I would post it again for Mother's Day.
Although now she is no longer able to make me her German pancakes. I know how to, but they don't quite taste the same as hers. 

I hope you had a wonderful day, regardless if you're a mom.
I have several friends and family that have lost their Mom's this year, so I know today is extra hard. One Mom lost their daughter, so I'm sure it's hard for her too.
I honestly don't know how much longer I'll have my Mom around, she's told me she's ready to go and as hard as it is, I understand. But until then, I'm thankful she's here!

12 comments:

Mary said...

What a precious gift to give your mom. I hope the weather improves so that she can feel better. I love your shirt; I am the mother to 3 sons too. Thank you for sharing your family photos and I hope you had a very Happy Mother's Day.

Barb said...

A wonderful gift for your Mom. My daughter gave me a lovely felted flower so I know how your Mom felt. Nothing is quite a special as a gift that has taken time to make from someone you love! I love the photo of you and your boys! What a good looking group of dragons!

Vickie said...

I am so glad you were all together for Mother's Day. I know your mom loved your gift. I hope the weather is better today for her. I enjoyed seeing your pictures. And reading that lovely poem once again.

Mary said...

Your gift to your Mom was lovely, and it's a great idea to finish the back with a stitch. I truly enjoyed seeing your photos with her through the years.

Linda said...

Lovely finish Astrid. Great pictures of you and your Mom.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the frame you chose for the Hummingbird.
Lovely picture of you with your boys. When your posts appear in my Reader they are abbreviated without the font effects so it said "Mother of Drag sons" which made me wonder if the boys had gone into entertainment and were wearing frocks for the photo!

Cathy said...

I'm glad you were able to have all three of your sons with you on Mother's Day. I hope your mom feels better soon. I lost my mom four years ago this month and at times I still miss her, but she is no longer suffering and is with my dad so that's a comforting thought. I do love the hummingbird, too.

Julie said...

Love and blessings to both you and your mother.
Her gift is so beautiful and i'm sure she was thrilled with it.
A lovely pic of you and your boys.

Sheryl said...

Wonderful post Astrid, thank you for sharing your precious photos. Pretty stitched design with a perfect frame.

diamondc said...

The Hummingbird design is lovely.
I bet your Mother loved it.
Beautiful Poem it made me tear up.
Love the photo of your Boys.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Beautiful pictures Astrid! Hope your Mom is feeling better today.

Katie said...

I love the way the hummingbird piece turned out. Perfect. Great picture with your boys. Love your shirt. Great photo collage with your mom. Thanks for sharing. My Grandma said the same thing. She was ready. It's still hard to miss her. I hug my mom everyday.