Friday 5 October 2018

Game of Thrones 🎶🎵

Last Christmas, Gman2 gave me tickets for DH and I to see the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience in DC. It wasn't until September 25th, which seemed forever away. But then it finally arrived! 
This is what we got to look at while waiting for the music to begin.


The screen to the left would show the various faces, so I got pictures of them all.


The Throne!
Cheers and Jeers were heard everywhere when they showed characters on the big screen, it was great!


This was awesome, she was raised up as she was playing. That's one long skirt!

Photos by Debi Del GrandeGame of Thrones Live Concert Experience @ The Forum




The soloist and choir


The composer, Ramin Djawadi, playing one of many instruments that night. He was amazing, such talent!
He also wrote the music for Westworld, (among many other things) which I didn't know.


And then before we knew it, it was over.
So thanks to Gman2, we had a wonderful experience!

Listen here... 

This was from Madrid earlier in the year, found on youtube.
sights-sounds-opening-night-game-thrones-live-concert-experience-2018/


And now a question - I've seen lots of GoTs patterns, but have any of you stitched one? I thought about stitching something on the smaller side, one that won't take too long. I like the banners, but that's a lot of stitching! Has anyone seen any Christmas ornaments?

9 comments:

Katie said...

What a great thing to be able to attend. Are you ready for this? We have only watched 8 episodes of GoT!! We never got into it and tried it but now we are so far behind it feels overwhelming.

Sheryl said...

Sounds like a very interesting evening. awesome skirt indeed.

Linda said...

Sounds like a fun evening Astrid.

Linda

Julie said...

Great gift, well worth the wait. How fabulous.

Barb said...

What a thoughtful gift. I know nothing about GOT. I think I might be the only person who can say that!

Faith... said...

Looks like a great evening. Wish I could help you with the patterns but I have never seen or read GOT. Heck I have never seen or read Harry Potter either ;)

Bethan said...

What a lovely gift. And what a giant skirt! x

rosey175 said...

GoT is a weird one for me. I love the books but have never been able to get into the show. Maybe seeing all that stuff acted out is too "real" hah (I don't like violent shows/movies). I don't think I've seen any small cross stitched ornaments; it's usually the banners or map. I have seen tiny beaded dragon eggs though!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great evening. You do go to some cool stuff!
I'm not GoT is very big on Christmas - look what happens every time there is a wedding!