Tuesday 23 October 2018

Mom's Home Again! 👍

Last Friday, this trio was waiting for me when I surprised my parents with a visit. Two of them got up when I opened my car door, but didn't run away.


Here's Momma!
She's back from rehab and so very happy to be home. Her last stay there was not a good experience so let's hope that was her last. She lost three pounds while there because the pureed food was so bad and they didn't notice her not eating. At least Dad knows how to make it tasty for her!


And Dad got a selfie too!


 This is their front room/dining room... filled with Dad's treasures! Can you find the Welsh Dragon I gave him for his birthday? And several Christmas stitching too!


Here it is, above what a friend send him for his birthday. Great minds think alike!
I had made this earlier in the year, but it had a black border around it. I frogged it because I didn't like the way it looked. It's not the best frame for it, but better than any I had seen. He was thrilled with it, so that's all that matters.

Words from my Dad when Mom came home,
Ulrike went to bed smiling and is so very excited to be worshiping in her chapel tomorrow morning and I shall surprise her with coffee in the gartenhaus on her way back to the house!
Life will be worth living again for both of us and I shall move mountains to make up for all my old love has suffered.

16 comments:

Linda said...

So glad your Mom is home Astrid. Your Dad is amazing.

Linda

Vickie said...

Aww, true love. Precious pictures.

Katie said...

Oh so great to hear your mom is home. Hopefully she is home for a long long time now. I just LOVE the front of their room. Beautiful!! So many neat things to look at. Your present fits in perfect.

Cathy said...

So glad your mom is home again! That wall is amazing!

Barb said...

Your parents have a marriage to be so very highly respected! It is beautiful. So glad your mom is back home!

Faith... said...

WOW!! What an awesome display of your Dad's treasures! Your Dad sounds like the most caring husband in the world. I bet your Mom thinks she is a lucky lady.

Praying she doesn't have to go back except to visit her friends!

Penny said...

I'm so glad that your Mom is home! And her and your Dad are such a lovely couple!

Rhona said...

Your dad's quote at the end is so beautiful....true love indeed!

butterfly said...

What a lovely post , bless your Mom and Dad to enjoy a lovely time together.

Julie said...

Wishing them lots of happy times ahead. Such good news she is home again.

DJ said...

So glad to hear your Mom is home. She looks happy in this picture! She has been and will continue to be in my prayers.

Sheryl said...

So pleased to hear that your mum is back home and well. Great photos and I love the dining room treasures.

RJ said...

So happy your Mom is back home. May she be blessed with good health. RJ

Bethan said...

Very glad your mum is home, and as a Welsh girl I really approve of your gift for your dad x

ricketyjo said...

So glad to hear that your mum is back home and I hope she's enjoying the food more.
Their front room is really something incredible!! What a lot of treasures!

rosey175 said...

What a great display of treasures! I'm sure everyone is happy she's home and here's to many more happy days!