Saturday 6 October 2018

Meeting in the REAL WORLD! 💗

Yesterday I got a three for one deal meeting Jeremiah's Mom aka Katie, her mom, and Jeremiah!
I wasn't able to attend the retreat that brought them here because I was at the Laps for Lexi walk. Katie mentioned that they would staying beyond the retreat and from there we figured out a date. They ended up staying in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, only about an hour+ away - it was a beautiful day for a drive.

So we sat in the lobby and just chattered away like we were old friends (which in the blogging world I guess we are!) catching up on what's going on in our lives and the stitching world. She showed me what she bought at the retreat, all wonderful! I especially loved the Beer Dragon, but when I sent a photo of it to my DH he wasn't very interested. Let me clarify, Beer yes, Dragon no! That's okay, I like them enough for the both of us. And Katie does too, no wonder we get along so well!

I certainly hope this isn't the last time we get to see each other, maybe we'll even get some stitching done next time! Katie, it really was wonderful meeting you, your sweet Mom, and of course, Jeremiah, what a sweetheart he is!

Save travels on your journey home, be sure to tell me when you plan on visiting Maryland, there's plenty to see here too.


10 comments:

Vickie said...

How fantastic! I have only met up with one stitcher from blogland during the years. I hope to do it again. It is wonderful. :)

Julie said...

It's always nice to meet in person with fellow blogging friends, how lovely you were able to manage to get together whilst Katie was on her trip.

Linda said...

What a wonderful day Astrid being able to meet a fellow blogger.

Linda

Katie said...

It was a great day indeed. Thanks for coming so far to visit us!

Barb said...

That is so awesome! It is really fun to meet a "blog" friend!

Bethan said...

How great to be able to meet up x

rosey175 said...

I've met a few people from my online times way back in the day... and married one of them! Looks like you guys had a great meetup!

Faith... said...

Lucky YOU!! It is great having blog friends but it is always better meeting people in real life!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is such a great photo of you all together!

I guess my claim to fame is meeting Nicola Parkman before she was famous LOL.

I'd love to meet my regular followers in real life.

FlashinScissors said...

How exciting to meet one of your blogging friends! I haven’t met any yet, maybe one day!
Barbara x