Friday 28 September 2018

Here There be Dragons 🐉🐲

We finally made it to the Renaissance Festival this year! It's been several years since we were there, so it was about time. The weather was perfect, and going with friends always makes it more fun.
So many D R A G O N S!!!








Afternoon entertainment




 Looks like it could be a cute stitching hut.


DH, the only kind of "costume" he'll wear!


On stilts.


Costume change!


The boys shooting blow darts.


Perfect for Halloween, I think they'd make a great fire pit!



Do you see the little bugger?!


There he is, trapped! Quick, stitch away and be free from the frog!


He made a funny face and got to participate.


And one of the best parts? Cheesecake on a stick and key lime pie on stick!


And I only saw ONE mermaid!


After seeing all those dragons, I think I should start one or two from the growing collection I have. These are two of my favourites.


I know many have stitched this one, an oldie but a goodie!


But probably not until after the holidays, I've already got enough to keep me busy for a while.

15 comments:

RJ said...

Astrid looks like the family had a fun time. Hmm Key Lime Pie on a stick...sounds delicious! Look forward to your new dragon stitches...they look time consuming. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh, that looked like a fun day out!
Great video! Key Lime pie on a stick sounds very tasty!
Those dragon pieces will take soooome time! Look forward to seeing you start.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Linda said...

Oh what a fun adventure Astrid. Love your charts.

Linda

Vickie said...

Very cool! What an action packed day!

rosey175 said...

There is a huge RenFaire going on near us too. I haven't quite encouraged my husband to go to one yet but they look like so much fun! I wonder if there are that many dragons at ours!

Julie said...

A fun time for you all.
I fancy that key lime pie on a stick...yummy

Barb said...

What a fun day for all of you! Those goodies on a stick look great!

Kaisievic said...

That fair looks like so much fun! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

DJ said...

You sure are keeping busy, my friend! How is your Mom doing? I've been praying for her and your Dad. Taking care of my Mom on my own was exhausting for all those months last year, and I'm a spring chicken compared to your Dad. Sorry I haven't been around much....too much going on, but let's try to get together soon! *Hugs*

OhSewCrafty said...

What a fun day and great pics! I do love dragon charts, that TW will keep you busy for awhile, but it’s worth it.

Penny said...

What a great day! The wheel walker made my palms sweat, and the cheesecake on a stick made my mouth water.🙂

Faith... said...

Looks like a fun day that ended with yummy cheesecake! Look forward to seeing your Dragons in the new year!

Katie said...

What a fun day. All those dragons too. Heaven. I did Stretch a TW freebie and swore to never stitch another TW again haha.

Bethan said...

What an amazing fair! It looks like you all had a great time x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That looks like so much fun! Especially all the dragons. But you should have dressed up too.
I have Dragon of the Summer Sky in my stash. But no new big starts for me until I finish Discworld!