Saturday 8 September 2018

Fun with Oma and Opa 💕

After our five hour drive from Ohio, we arrived back at my parents house safe and sound.
Since last year was a hot, family mess 😕, we are back on track and we will not allow it to happen again. No more playing games, some people are okay with it, I'm not.

So, my parents gave me a belated birthday present from last year, just after we got there. Mermaids! DH still has to hang them in my craft room, but I think I know where I want them.


The next day, Oma needed new frames so we headed to Walmart before the storm rolled in. She got her glasses and Nathan got to do his back to school shopping. He was thrilled... not!


The following day was beautiful, so Opa, Nathan, and I headed to downtown Cumberland for some antique shopping.


Awe, so sweet, pink poodles! Can you guess who they remind me of?!


The beautiful Emmanuel Parish of the Episcopal Church.


Quick pic of my Dad and I.


A quiet afternoon downtown.


My nephews came for a visit while we were there. They live in Frostburg, about 15/20 minutes away.


I like how Oma is looking at us in this one. Probably thinking, "goofballs!"


The next morning, we took Oma on an outing to see her old roommate, Gail, at the rehab center. She was surprised and thrilled, can you tell?!


Hugs, they do the heart good.


Such a sweetie, I hope to see her again the next time we visit. And I really hope they go back and visit her before I do!


Opa had their pool open and Nathan took advantage of it, he loves the water! Unfortunately they recently closed it, too many leaves falling in there. Growing up in the house before this one, we kept the pool open until October, chilly swimming weather! 


A quick photo before we headed home, an end to our wonderful mini vacation.


In stitchy news, this is what I ordered over the summer from The Strawberry Sampler. I love her! I haven't started her yet since I'm still working on my Halloween Sampler that I bought when Karen and I were there, I'm almost done.

15 comments:

Barb said...

That was a wonderful way to end your family trip. Your mom and dad look good and I bet they really enjoyed having a visit with you and Nathan. The photo of him in the pool is a great one! That looks like a nice town! I love the downtown pictures.

Linda said...

Looks like you and Nathan had a wonderful trip Astrid. Love your new stash.

Linda

Lorraine said...

Looks like a lovely trip connecting with family and friends.

Brigitte said...

Such a great visit with your parents at your home town. And lots of things you were doing there. Your mom looks good again, I hope she is feeling as good as she is looking.

Vickie said...

LOVE THE PINK POODLES!! I am so very, very happy to see you all together again Astrid! Wonderful! And the mermaid gift from your folks!! Wow!!

Mary said...

I knew Vickie would love the Pink Poodles!! What a great trip you had! Is Cumberland in Ohio? What a great looking town. I'm guessing your a big mermaid fan!!!

rosey175 said...

No, I can't possibly imagine who loves the pink poodles!

That is a great mermaid wall hanging, and huge! Looks like more fun with the family although shopping before a storm is always such a rush ahaha.

Faith... said...

Your parents are looking wonderful and you wouldn't even know that your Mom had such a rough year. Great birthday gift you received! You family looks like they had a great trip! Looking forward to seeing your Halloween piece.

Katie said...

Fantastic trip photos. I'm glad you guys had a great time. Visiting family is always fantastic. Another friend of mine just posted Sirena and I fell in love with her. Now that I've seen two of my friends talking about it the peer pressure is extra bad haha.

Annie said...

Such great pictures on this post at the last one. Nice way to re-connect with family and friends.

I never realized you were from MD. Clicked in when I saw Cumberland and then looked at your profile. Cumberland looks so charming. I was only there one time as a bridesmaid in a girl friend's wedding.

Love your new mermaids. Those poodles are adorable too.

Have fun stitching. That's a very cool pattern.

Julie said...

Family moments and time spent together, warms the heart and feeds the soul.
Oma does look good. How lovely her friend looks too.

Bethan said...

It looks like you had a great time, and I'm glad to see Oma looking so well x

Sally said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip. Love your birthday gift.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another great holiday adventure! Your nephews look quite like my brother and my son - is there an East Anglian connection there I wonder? LOL

Fantastic Birthday present too. I hope your Mum continues to stay healthy and strong.

ricketyjo said...

Your family trip looks like it was lots of fun, loads of smiles there and nice photos!