Saturday 15 September 2018

School time! ✐


The end of August was Gman2's move in day at Franciscan University in Ohio. Good thing Gman1 was taking care of Nathan, there was no room for him in my car!


We stopped by to see Oma and Opa on the way since that's the route we took. It looks like my Dad's not too sure how to smile for a selfie! Mom went to the ER earlier that week because her tube was painful and it turns out she had bronchitis. Ugh, and she was doing so well. But overall she is doing much better.


Our next pit stop was meeting my nephew and his girlfriend in Frostburg for lunch at The Princess Restaurant. Short, sweet, and delicious!


We hit the road after that, only about 2+ hours away. When we pulled up to his dorm, a group of students were there and started unloading and labeling his things with his room number and then brought it there - it was great!



 His room has already changed, the bed has been raised high enough for the fridge and tv to fit underneath.


DH was in California for work earlier in the week, so he flew into Pittsburgh early Friday morning and came to the hotel so he could sleep a bit before seeing Gman2. We did some shopping for extras and then had lunch before heading home. I'm not sure when we'll see him again, but I'm hoping one weekend next month.



I was able to do some stitching on the way home since DH drove, what a treat!


As for Gman1, he rented a house near UMBC with some of his fraternity brothers.
It's a good thing his room isn't in the basement, although the laundry is.


I'm sure a big incentive might have been the tiki bar the previous students left behind! Hmmm...🍻


The plus to him going there is that we get to see him more often since he's so close. Even better when he brings Claire with him!


And finally, Master Nathan's first day of sixth grade, an official middle schooler!
He had already brought his backpack to school the week before when he met his teacher.


He told me he wasn't going to turn around for a picture. ☹


In the classroom and ready to learn!


A throwback to pre-k, adorable!


And in stitchy news, I added a flying witch to the Halloween Sampler. There's more to come!

10 comments:

Linda said...

You have such a lovely family Astrid. Good luck to all the guys for the school year.

Linda

Lorraine said...

Wishing them all a great school year! Making lots of friends and memories included.

Faith... said...

Oh no, not bronchitis now on top of all she has been thru. Hope she gets better quickly. I bet Nathan is going to feel like an only child now that his brothers are out of the house and what a quiet house it will be.

Vickie said...

I am praying for your mother Astrid. I am praying for your sons for also!! I would be stressed having them so far away.

Barb said...

I hope all the boys have a great school year!! What a cute preK photo of Nathan! Your stitching is wonderful, I love the Halloween design!

Brigitte said...

All the best to your sons for a successful school year. And all the best to your mom. I hope she will recover fast.

Mary said...

I hope they all have a successful school year. Great family photos. I hope your Mom feels much better soon. Love your Halloween stitch and I'm envious you can stitch while in a car!

Julie said...

Wishing your boys a very happy and good year with their studies.
Best wishes to your mother
x

Katie said...

I hope all your boys have great years with their schooling. Love your WIP.

RJ said...

Love your family photos Astrid. Best wishes to your boys as they start a new school year. Your son's college looks wonderful. And he got such a nice welcome. I'm sure he will be very happy there. Your stitch is fantastic...great progress. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever