Thursday 23 February 2017

TH THursday

THinking, THinking, THinking...

THinking THoughts, and being THankful on THursdays.


Who in your life are you grateful for?
Um, how much time do you have?!
I'm going to answer this for today - I am grateful for these two wonderful coaches of Nathan's basketball team at school. Their last game was on Sunday and tonight we had a pizza party and acknowledgements. This year they actually won six games out of ten, which was a big improvement from last year's 0/10 record!
As coaches, they encouraged these boys to do their best, encouraged teamwork, AND to have fun. Each player tonight was recognized for their participation in the game and how they did their best.
And who says our getting together has to end after the season? We're talking about getting together for fish fry Fridays during Lent!



So today or everyday, who are you grateful for?

6 comments:

Katie said...

Great post! Glad they will continue getting together. Nathan is probably really glad to hear that too. Let's see. Of course I'm so thankful for my family. With this dental issue they are being so supportive and helping me however they can. But I'm also thankful for finding a good dentist that is going to put me out during this surgery.

Debbie W. said...

Such a happy group of boys with their proud coaches - great picture! Good coaches can make all the difference, and their influence goes way beyond just teaching the sport itself. Life lessons, and all that stuff. ;) Meanwhile, I am grateful for so many of the people in my life, that it is hard to choose one. Maybe today I am especially grateful for a friend who said to me yesterday: "Let's go to the movies this afternoon and see 'Lion' ". We did, and I am still thinking about it - what an awesome movie! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's so great that they kept playing even when they were losing every game! That's real team effort to turn it around this year.

Barb said...

I like your choice. It is so hard to pick one person but here goes. Last year I had a very serious break in my back. After emergency surgery, my neighbor down the street really stepped up to the plate. She cooked several meals for us and visited and kept me company during the long recovery so I am very thankful for her. We are now good friends!

Justine said...

What great coaches! I am grateful for anyone who is kind to my children but particularly to their Year 2 class teacher Mrs Morris (ages 6-7) who encouraged them to choose their own reading material rather than just focus on the school reading system. She really inspired a love of reading for pleasure in them both.

Julie said...

Well done to Nathan and the team on their great achievement.