Wednesday 8 February 2017

Brews and beads

Great way to start FeBREWary!
Even better, a birthday!
I'm thinking a wine tour in the spring would be really nice too.

I've been working on a Mill Hill kit and finally got to use a Christmas gift I asked for, a Sticky Bead Mat. It's great, I love it! I took it to school yesterday while at lunch duty to stitch in-between lunches. No lost beads and so easy to pick up with the needle. Now for some reason, the needle I have is bent and I didn't have another one with me. I found that I actually like it better that way, it's easier to pick the beads up.


And on the weather front, it's spring in February! At least it was yesterday and today... tomorrow we're getting snow!

It was nice enough that Nathan did his homework outside with some kitty company. Even today he'll be able to sit outside and enjoy it. But tomorrow we're expecting 1-3", finally! I hate to say it, but I'll believe it when I see it.

11 comments:

Linda said...

Cute pic of Nathan and the kitties.

Linda

Vickie said...

Now that is a great way to do homework!! :D

Bea said...

The bead mat looks wonderful. And that is a wonderful picture of Nathan and his assistants.

deb said...

Had heard the expectation was that all three airport temp records would fall, and at 72 in DC they must have! Stay warm now as it gets cold again (we're due for teens tonight - brrr).

Melinda Forbes said...

Love the a great craft brewery We have so many so very close. That is a great way to bead. I have always hesitated in selecting charts with lots of beads, but maybe this would do the trick for me. THank you for sharing

Katie said...

I'm pretty sure that's the bead thingy I have on my wishlist at Amazon. I heard from someone else it's a must have. This weather has been crazy here in Indiana too. We just got a quick inch of snow yesterday and now this weekend it's supposed to be 60! Looks like the kitties are helping hide his homework for him haha.

DJ said...

Lucky Nathan! He has a great place to study for those few days! Well....the sun is shining here, did you get snow over there? I hope you aren't too disappointed... Hey that sticky mat looks awesome for beads, where did you find it? No Tacky Bob for you? Wendy will be so disappointed!! LOL

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a difference in temperatures! Nice to see the cats helping with the homework.
The brewery looks fun and the bead mat very useful!

Barb said...

Your cute little guy and the cats seems to be enjoying the weather!A wine tour sounds like fun!

Brigitte said...

Really a great way to start February. These temperatures are such a treat.

Julie said...

What a great thing the bead mat is, I have something that looks a bit like a CD case that's tacky, it was a gift many years ago.
How lovely the kittys were helping with Nathans homework.