Tuesday 28 February 2017

Night of Knights Mardi Gras!

Nathan's school had a FUNdraiser on Saturday night which DH and I attended.
I went in the afternoon to help set up. Most of the hard work had been done already, just moving some tables around and setting up displays.


This was great - you pull a cork, which has a number on the bottom, and that's the bottle of wine you get to bring home. But you don't find out until the end of the evening because one bottle had a gift card with it and another had a electric bottle opener. Darn, I didn't win either! 

 Fun at the photo booth...

They boys even got festive!

Girls just wanna have fun!


In stitching news, I went to a bead show over the weekend and bought these to use for stitching. The beads were only $1 a bag, I think I should have bought more colours!

And tomorrow, I'm going to teach my fun girl ☝ how to stitch! Such fun!


7 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun event! Here in the NW people pay no attention to Mardi Gras. I have a wreath on my door. We spent a fun Mardi Gras in Mobile, AL.

Justine said...

That looks like a great evening!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great idea for a celebration! I didn't know Mardi Gras was celebrated across America but it's nice to have something cheerful at the end of winter!
Lovely bead stash too.

Katie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Love the skull beads you got. Yes you should have got more for $1 a bag haha. I always pass up a sale like that and they argue with myself for days about it haha.

deb said...

Looks like that was a great evening!

Julie said...

What a fun evening, well done to all who organised that.

Sheryl said...

What a fun evening and the pretty beads, I would have bought more.