Saturday 17 October 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🦌

Thankfully we didn't get the rain like we were supposed to today, instead it was a beautiful cool day with stunning colours in the evening.


Even though I still have Halloween pieces to get back to, I though I would put a few more stitches in this one. I have a tiny bit of frogging to do, which is a super PITA since I'm doing this over one.


I thought I would give you a view of what's behind me this time, just a little something new.


In Chewie news, things could be better. Earlier in the week, he got sick and included in the disgusting mess were a few small pieces of chewed hard plastic. They might have been Legos, I'm not quite sure. He got sick again the next afternoon, and I noticed it was after he drank water. I ended up taking him to the er-vet, since our vet wasn't in, and his vitals were fine and nothing was showing in the xray. They gave him some anti-nausea medication and also a couple cans of wet food to hopefully help his stomach. Yesterday he ate and then had some water with ice cubes and promptly got sick again! Back to the vet to get some anti-nausea pills, and then only let him have a little bit of water at a time. He did well today, although he only drank a tiny bit of water until this evening when DH gave him a couple ice cubes. That was a mistake, he got sick again, but not as much this time. So maybe it's the ice? How weird is that?! Any dog lovers out there with any idea what's going on? I will be calling the vet again tomorrow, but even they are stumped. This stinks, I feel so bad for him.




9 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry to hear about Chewie Astrid. Hope they figure it out.

Linda

Cathy said...

That's a cute Christmas stitch. I hope Chewie gets better soon.

diamondc said...

Astrid: So sorry about Chewie, I let Krissy eat some sweet grass once a week, this helps her tummy problems, I am not sure but ask the vet about lettuce or broccoli.
Cute Christmas design.
Beautiful sky photo, such pretty colors.
Krissy the dog send Chewie her love

Catherine

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Maybe the cold from the ice is not agreeing with Chewie? I hope you can find the cause and it's an easy fix.
Your wee deer is so cute!!!

Faith... said...

What a gorgeous sky! Beautiful looking cabinet you have there. Good luck with your Christmas Stitch. I always stitch over one but then again I don't use high count fabrics so it works out well.

Maybe Chewie can't take the coldness of the water?

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh poor Chewie I hope he's better soon. I like your Christmas design

Barb said...

I sure hope he is much better by now!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I hate frogging over one! It's worse than normal frogging.

Is there anything added to your water? Chemicals to soften it? Old lead pipes? I hope you find out soon.

Katie said...

Aw I hope Chewie can get healthy quickly. Poor guy. Love your Halloween display. The deer is quite cute. Ripping over one is just horrible.