Saturday 10 October 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🚗

 Waiting to pick up Nathan at school has some stitching benefits, but unfortunately I didn't finish this for my Dad on his birthday. Although I did show him what he what he would be getting. And it's a good thing I asked him about how he'd like it finished, he said a gold frame which I hadn't even though of. It shouldn't take me that much longer, I didn't add as many beads as the pattern calls for.
His birthday mini celebration will be coming up in the next post.


I've been decorating outside a little and had some more spiders help me, how nice!


I added this guy to our Weeping Cherry, it looks like he fits right in!


His eyes were a little dark so I used some glow in the dark spray paint to try and brighten them up, but it didn't work well at all. Next try will be using some glow in the dark paint.


I found another pumpkin beer, or rather Paul or Gman1 did!
Yum, just the right amount of pumpkin and spices.


I'm still enjoying my pumpkin coffee and today treated myself to a pumpkin donut after taking Nathan for an orthodontist appointment. He chose a strawberry and a chocolate, he doesn't take after me in the pumpkin loving! I then made a pumpkin cheesecake this evening for tomorrow's dessert with friends coming over.
Have you gotten in the pumpkin kick yet? 

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Well isn't that nice that your Dad has provided the idea of the gold frame for you? :)
Yes! You should definitely check out Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream from Target! SOOOOO good!

Linda said...

Love the decorations Astrid. Nice stitching.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the Celtic Santa.
We don't really have pumpkin flavoured things here so I'll stick with Nathan's choices!

Faith... said...

The front yard looks very cool! I love the tree :) Hope you finish your Dad's gift soon!

diamondc said...

Astrid: The Santa is adorable, I think a frame is perfect.
Nice scary halloween tree, love your decorating.


Catherine

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The Santa is looking great - your dad is going to love him I think. And I love that tree 'man' - so cool. And if his eyes glow in the dark it will be just the right amount of scary for kids (adults too, I suspect!)

Mary's Thread said...

School pick up stitching is so productive! My kids are still doing school at home and I miss my car stitching time! What fun Halloween decorations!

Katie said...

I don't enjoy pumpkin flavor at all. I just love your tree monster though!!