Sunday 25 October 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground... a little late 🧟‍♂️

Oh my, seems like my Friday went until today!
Friday was a quiet one, I was working on other things (you'll see another time) but I did pick up The Haunted Mansion again and worked on finishing the door, lights, and back stitching the steps.


I decided on adding a zombie at the door instead of the skeleton, but I think it needs more gore! I'm going to try and dangle an eyeball, we'll see. Any other suggestions? Are you a zombie "fan"?


I also spent some time outside with Chewie, he loved running through the leaves and being chased.
The update on him is that he's not throwing up anymore, but now has issues at the other end. In the middle of the night last night, he cried four times to go outside. I think that's worse than any of the boys were as babies!
Tonight's dinner was rice and pumpkin, I read that was a good thing to try. Poor pup can't catch a break.


And then before I knew it, it was Saturday evening and I got a few more stitches in before the festivities began.


It was finally ghoulfriend time and Kerri made a Hello Kitty Zombie cake for Cori, I think I suggested the zombie knowing how much Cori "loves" them... not! 


We enjoyed grilled cheese sandwiches on the fire, some s'mores, and even some toasted Peeps, delicious. And don't forget the wine!
Luckily it wasn't too cold and we had was a lovely evening together.


Unlike Sunday morning, which became cold and rainy.
Baseball hadn't been cancelled yet, so we went to the field early since DH is the coach and the boys were supposed to arrive before the game. Just after we parked, the email came to notify that all games were cancelled, go figure. The empty parking lot should have been a big clue!


This evening I had Ming with me since Chewie was in the basement with the guys. I started the zombie, but only one shoe so far!


Well shoot, that didn't last long.


6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sorry to say that I've never been a huge fan of Halloween, zombies or otherwise. Dragons, on the other hand......!!
I've heard about rice and pumpkin for dogs with tummy issues and really hope it helps poor Chewie. There may be something he's getting into when he's outside that's causing it? Dogs like to eat some pretty disgusting things sometimes and if they can't eat it, they like to roll in it.

Cathy said...

While I enjoy most of the icons of Halloween, I don't like zombies. They kind of creep me out. Your Halloween piece looks good though. And I hope Chewie recovers quickly.

Faith... said...

Well I guess one shoe is better than no shoes? LOL That door looks great with that pop of yellow. I do hope that the pumpkin and rice helped Chewie. I know rice is supposed to be good for them. Also boiled and pealed potatoes and Pedialyte. Sounds like a fun ghoulfriend night together. I never had a grilled cheese cooked over the fire... hmmm may have to give it a try!

How are your parents doing? Hope your Dad recovered from his carpel tunnel procedure.

Happy Halloween Astrid!

Bethan said...

That Hello Kitty cake is excellent! I think your zombie is a great addition - I love how you are tweaking the pattern to suit you. I hope Chewie feels better soon x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Haunted Mansion is looking great, nice to see a close-up of your delicate stitches too.
Glad that you enjoyed your get-together, the fire looks very cosy and a good idea at this time of year!

Katie said...

Love your zombie. I'm not good at designing at all but a hanging eye would be really neat and zombie-ish haha. Too bad the game was canceled.