Saturday 30 May 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 💚

This Friday I decided it was time to spend time with Maximus in the bedroom since that's where he's most comfortable since Chewie arrived. It's almost been three weeks, I wonder how much longer he's going to be a wuss?!


Then Ming wanted to know what was going on and joined us.


Still a little sloppy in my eyes, but I'm not going to worry about it. Each square does represent something and you'll see when I'm finished.


This. This is what greets me in the morning when I come out of the bedroom. This is Chewie smiling at me. And he wiggles and tries to jump on me, he's a lover for sure!


Thank you for those who had dog tips, I still need to respond to comments. He's learning how to sit, stay, and release when I give him his meals, it's a slow process. He has to be in his crate while we're eating and he's very good in there while waiting. He stays in the yard with us and loves to play with the ball and frisbee. Even better when we chase him! For the FIRST time last night, he didn't whine, howl, or cry when I put him to bed in his crate and he slept in until 7:30, awesome! 
I think he knows he's been rescued and he appreciates it, I couldn't imagine letting him go anywhere but here.
Have you been fortunate enough to be able to foster? Were you a foster failure like us?! 😆

12 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great progress on your stitching and, from what you say, for Chewie too. It takes a long time, the key is being consistent but things are looking good.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I couldn't foster a dog or a cat because I know what would happen. They're often looking for people to volunteer at the local animal shelter and I can't do it because I would want to bring them all home. I simply couldn't leave them there. Hopefully Maximus soon comes around and adopts him too.

Linda said...

Maximum and Ming look happy to be with you Astrid. I've never tried fostering. I know me and would not be able to give it back.

Linda

Anna van Schurman said...

I've never fostered--mostly because Stella would have none of that!--but my cousin has taken in over 30 dogs over the years. And never failed. I like Chewie's "bow tie."

Vickie said...

We think it looks like Chewie has a bow tie also! :) His smile cracks me up!!

Cathy said...

Lovely stitching, Astrid! Are both cats Siamese?

Barb said...

What cute little animals live with you and your family. Due to very bad allergy, no pets here! Very sad!

diamondc said...

Astrid: Your babies are adorable.
If you leave a radio on very low with music playing he may be able to handle being alone at night, this worked for our rescue dog.
Have a great evening.

Catherine

Rachel said...

Your stitching looks fine from here. Why are you not happy with it?
Glad to see you keeping your cats company during your stitching time. They must miss their usual lap space! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The blackwork looks fine to me. I am glad the cats have somewhere to hide from the dog!
I'd quite like to foster cats, my friend has an isolation kennel in her backgarden where they can quarantine cats waiting to be rehomed.

Faith... said...

Glad to see the kitties got some time in with you; I am sure they miss that time since Chewy came along. How stinkin' cute is he in the morning waiting for you to come. That smile is super big so I am pretty sure he is very happy. Looking forward to learning what each heart will mean in our stitching.

Julie said...

Sounds like Chewie is settling a little better.
Sweet kitty time, the blackwork looks lovely.