Saturday 16 May 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🐕

This was a different Friday from last week!
I had Ming join me for a little bit, with Chewie just waiting to love on her. And Maximus is still hanging out in the bedroom.


I think he was getting a little tired while waiting.


I have been working on The Haunted Mansion this week, but today I thought I would start Peppermint Purple's Corners of the World. I will be personalizing it for a special occasion, I just need to figure out how I want to place everything. It's not as neat as I'd like it, but hopefully it will improve the further I go.


She still teases and sort of tolerates him, at least she can outrun him!


He really is a sweet boy and he's finally getting better in his crate which makes a good night for us all.


So back to blackwork, any suggestions on making it look better?

11 comments:

diamondc said...

Astrid: we are all critical of our work, it looks fine, when it is ironed and stretch out it will look fine.
Your babies are all so beautiful.
I bet they will soon be best friends.
Have a beautiful weekend It is ISHW.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your work is lovely, we all see faults in our own. Here's to friendship blossoming soon.

Mini said...

Astrid, your new start is love;y and looks good to me.
You have beautiful fur babies.

Julie said...

Blackwork always looks so elegant.
Chewie is a sweetie, but Ming still has mums lap!

Barb said...

Your work looked fine to me. I don't remember doing that kind of project so no suggestions. The pets are so cute together! Glad to hear he is adjusting to the crate!

Faith... said...

I (like the others) don't see anything wrong with your stitching. I hope that it starts to look better to ou as you go on. It looks like Chewie knows the Friday Night Stitching routine! SO glad he is starting to feel more comfortable now.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Damp stretching will do wonders for your blackwork I suspect - it always amazes me how it makes any embroidery piece look better even if I have used a hoop during the stitching. Having said that, you will likely find as you get further into the project that it will come together just fine.

Mary said...

Your work looks great to me!! I have to tell you I love your doors!!! They are beautiful!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The stitching looks fine, is the Linen quite a loose weave? If so, then stretching might help.
Nice to see the animals settling in together.

Katie said...

I'm so glad Chewie is settling in better. Lovely stitching. I know I prefer my fabric in a Q-Snap so the tension is better. Good luck finding what works for you.

Rachel said...

Glad things have settled down a little. Good job Chewie doesn't want to share your lap too, otherwise there would be no room for your stitching! :)