Friday 1 March 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground AND Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Today's stitching ground brings me to my craft room where I pulled just three green threads. Getting ready for that green day, but first...


... Happy Saint David's Day!


I realized I didn't have anything for today so I stitched this up yesterday and finished it today.

Not included in my Welsh display are tea towels, tshirts, and jewelry!
The big love spoon was given to me from my Pop and Nana Nesta when I was visiting them in Wales when I turned 18. The smaller one is also from them when DH and I got engaged.
I'm not sure why we didn't get a wedding one, but I think I will have one made next year for our 25th.


I added the Welsh Dragon to my March Garden Journal.
And that's me before we moved to the states, in my Welsh Hat. 


So this is what our daffodils look like as of today, I'm lucky if I can even find them at the store!


I was going to make Welsh Cakes today, but when I pulled out my currants, I couldn't use them. I guess I didn't seal them well enough and they were rather, moldy. That sort of put me off making them today, so I'll try again tomorrow after I get a fresh box!
So instead, I'll share this photo of my little helper taken about seven years ago. Yikes!


So do you have a special family treat you make for special occasions?

9 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Astrid!

I like all of your St. David decorations. I had not heard of Welsh cakes until I saw them on Clare's blog. They sound quite good.

Love your Spring stitch...very pretty. Look at those bulbs peaking out...won't be long.

Your little guy is adorable. Have a great weekend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

What a wonderful display of the St. David's Day things. I love the little dragon you just stitched and it is with one of my favorite flowers, the daffodil! What a cute picture of "little" Nathan.

Vickie said...

I learned a lot today in your post! :) Very interesting. I love the picture of you. Does Nathan still enjoy baking?

Katie said...

Lovely shamrock you pulled threads for. Very nice display. The new stitched piece fits perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitched designa and I like your interesting table display and the daffodils appearing - here in the north of Spain they are all in bloom. Our family treat is pancakes, when I remember to make them (this tuesday I think)

rosey175 said...

I have that shamrock pattern too; it's a nice-looking one for sure! Is the d-for-daffodil letter a whole set of daffodil letters or is a different flower for each letter? Your snowy daffodils look a bit like ours -- just barely peeping out of the ground (and snow sigh).

Linda said...

Your posts are always so much fun to read Astrid.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

My parents were actually in Wales for St David's Day, visiting my sister in Cardiff.
Love your collection of Welshness, especially the carved love spoons.
I don't know who is more cute - little Welsh Astrid or Nathan the chef!

ricketyjo said...

That is an impressive Welsh display Astrid! I love your spring stitch!