Wednesday 17 May 2017

St. Michaels getaway

It's that time of year, stitching at St. Michaels!
I got there early, so I took a drive further down to Tilghman Island to see what it was all about.




 On my way back, I stopped in here to get a sandwich for dinner. Totally adorable country store! And the owner is originally from Catonsville, where The Stitching Post is! He loves living here.

The bridge

Thursday nights lights

 Our stitching view

It finally stopped raining on Friday.


Feeding the family?

Dang it, more rain.



And now for the stitchy stuff...

We participated in a Halloween exchange and these were the goodies everyone made.

This is what I randomly chose - perfect for my Trick or Treat Fairy!

This is the cube I made - from a publication in 1982!

In the white elephant, I was lucky enough to keep this as no one stole it. Now to find time to stitch it.

We didn't officially do goody bags, but some of us did a little something. I made the scissor fobs to match our Halloween theme.

My mermaid progression.


I took a break from here and picked up Emerald Mermaid.
I'm still not happy about her skin, I should have done it over one. But since it's for me, I'm going to try and not worry about it.

The stitching table

Us girls taking a break from stitching.
They all really "loved" the stork, so I had to include her!

Until next year...

11 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like you had a great time. I wish I could someday go to a stitching retreat.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful retreat. It doesn't matter about the rain, all the better to stay inside and stitch!
Love the gifts you exchanged and the stitching you did.
I do like over one skin on Miras but there is such a lot on a mermaid, I don't blame you for doing over 2!

Vickie said...

What a grand time you had. I have never been on a stitching retreat.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Your weekend looks like it was lots of fun with great friends, lovely stitching and gifts in a gorgeous location - how wonderful!

DJ said...

How did you get that stork in your picture? That's too funny!! Love the outdoor pictures, I guess I should have been out there taking more, I was too busy stitching! I'm counting the days until next year, by then I'll be more than ready I'm sure!! (I've already been searching my patterns for the next exchange!!)

cucki said...

Wow looks like you had so much fun time
I love everything
Big hugs x

Tiffstitch said...

Looks like a great time, lovely gifts and views, plus a lot of great stitching!

Debbie W. said...

Such gorgeous photography- you made even those gray, wet days look inspiring! And the stitching was pretty darn beautiful, too. ;)

Julie said...

Talented stitchers you spent time with, lots of lovely things on show.

blue star stitcher said...

What a fun Halloween exchange for your retreat. I like the design you chose to stitch, and the BOO banner is cute. Looks like a fun time for all.

Katie said...

So far behind....I love stitching weekends. So glad you had a lovely time. Beautiful progress!!