Sunday 7 May 2017

A birthday cube!

I started this at the beginning of the month for a gf getting ready to turn that magic number... 50!

Ready to make the cube.
**Update** The perfect fabric is what Ariadne sent me from the Easter exchange!

I ended up buying more ruffle ribbon in numerous colours since I like the way it looks with the cube.
Thanks to Lynn @ Happiness is Cross Stitching for the design!

Happy 50th, Lisa!

Lending our support for turning 50!

I'll be joining her next month, time to plan a party!

13 comments:

Vickie said...

That is a sweet present! ♥

Annie said...

That is adorable. What a clever and thoughtful birthday gift!

Melinda Forbes said...

What a beautiful finish. The ribbon is perfect. I loved my 50's

Shelly said...

How nice! Your cube looks great. I'm not liking my 50's, haha.

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finish Astrid.

Linda

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is a beautiful little finish for a 50th birthday (or any birthday for that matter). You've done such a beautiful job with the way you've finished it. The colors of that flower match it beautifully.

cucki said...

So cute ❤️

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cube looks great, love the ribbon. But when did 50 year olds start looking so young? Oh yes, about the time I turned 50 last year!

What are you planning for your big 5 0?

Faith... said...

Very cute cube and the ruffle ribbon does look nice! Congrats on your finish and looking forward to seeing your big 5 0 celebration!

Barb said...

What a great gift! Yes, time for a party.

Ariadne said...

Many happy returns to your friend!50?No, not really!Glad to see you using the fabric from the exchange!AriadnefromGreece!

Sheryl said...

Lovely stitching and cube, I like the pretty ribbon too.

Julie said...

Very sweet and special gift.