Thursday 11 May 2023

In my dreams!

 I had a stitching day with "old" friends last month and we had a great time together, it had been a long while.

Oh my goodness, if only my home looked like my friend's collection! Most of these are hers, although some are gifts made by others, including some made by family.

This is a huge cabinet, each shelf filled with treasures.


Baa Baa Black Sheep... in a lovely spare bedroom.


The Shepherd's Bush Sheep Collection was also in that bedroom.


This is "my" room, MERMAIDS!


Misc pieces, including the sea.


All of the rest of these pieces are scattered throughout the house.


How cute are these?!













Everyone needs a BIF - a Bad Influence Friend! 🤣


How's this for a storage/workroom?!


Floss keeper


Just a little bit of fabric in there.
There was another cabinet with WIPs and patterns, but I didn't take a photo of that.


And hey, I actually got a piece finished in between the oohing and ahhing.


Some goodies I got that the others brought for giveaway, I need to get busy!


A wonderful afternoon and already looking forward to our next gathering.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh my! So many gorgeous things!

Vickie said...

Holy smokes your friends house!! wOw! What great patterns you got off the giveaway table.

Stasi said...

Wow, your friends house is amazingly chock full of stitchy goodness. What fun to visit and enjoy it all...so much eye candy!!! Glad you got together!

diamondc said...

Astrid: Wow what a fun display to see, thank-you for sharing.
Love the finish April and the new stash, very nice.

Catherine

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh wow! You wouldn't know where to look first! My goodness, she must stitch 43 hours a day to complete all those projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, does your friend live in a needlework shop? I love her display cabinet and the themed rooms!
I’d love to have a dedicated craft room too. I do like the way she stores her threads but I need to be able to carry mine around the house depending on which room I’m sitting in so I’ll stick with my bag.
Going to have another look at the sampler walls now.

Toki said...

Hi Astrid.
Thank you for sharing so many great photos. It was so impressive that I watched in several parts.
That's excellent. like a museum.
I Love the small rooms numbered from 1 to 25 and the works they contain. And mermaid too.

Katie said...

Ohhhh wow! She is lucky you didn't steal all the mermaids haha.
I was going to tell you let me know the next retreat you plan on attending. Traveling is okay now again finally.