Sunday 28 May 2023

It SHORE was a Great Retreat! 🌊


Oh boy, off we go! (Or rather, went!)
This was at the end of April, I'm just a little behind in posting.


The view from the bedroom we were in this year.


Quick walk to the beach, just a little breezy.



The sun before the rain that came for almost the whole weekend.


It started out as a good idea...


... plans change!


Our goodie "bag", complete with flip flop bottle opener and ort bag (thanks, Jane!)


Afternoon stitching.


Don't be mad or sad, Brad/Chad/Thad/whatever his name might be, gets around to everyone!


I got the darn frog too.


Friday's lunch at Wally's, delicious!


The White Elephant exchange, lots of stealing ahead.



The word was SAND and this is what I finally was able to keep! I love the Mill Hill pattern, I've been wanting that one.


This was what I put together, looks like the ice cream melted.

Did you know - a Small Adorable Necessary "Ditty Bag" is a bag especially used by sailors to hold small articles like needles and thread - a perfect addition to what I gave.



Karen and I camped out in the big room this year to stitch.


It was a comfy room, as you can see!



Kelly finished this adorable mermaid blanket, so sad it wasn't for me! 😉  Although I do have one that Gman1 made me a few years ago, so all is good.


Linda and Annette had this piece going around the house for everyone to stitch a little bit. They will then frame it and give it to the owners of the house as a thank you. I stitched the little bucket.


Keep those frogs in one place and away from everyone!


Luckily it stopped raining long enough to get our group photo.


Such fun, I got to join the I ❤ Brad Club!


I had this last year at the retreat, but never started it even though Janis @ Noteworthy Needle explained it to me. This year, she helped me start it and that made a BIG HUGE difference! Are you ready to start yours, Jo?!


I did have a small finish there, Hands on Design, A Year of Celebrations.


I bought a couple fabric pieces, because I didn't think I  had enough at home. 🙄



And then, before we knew it, the weekend was over.😞
Another wonderful time with great ladies. I'm always looking forward to seeing them at the next stitching event!

9 comments:

Stasi said...

Looks like a great time!!!

Shelly said...

How fun! And Chad/Thad/etc is a hoot!😆

Pamela said...

What a great weekend!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like a weekend filled with joy! Sorry the weather didn't cooperate but I don't suppose that was TOO upsetting for a group of stitchers. Fun prizes AND gotta love Brad!!

diamondc said...

Hi Astrid: It looks like a fun time, I love retreats, You have so much stash to work with.
White elephants are so much fun.
The Brad club sounds like a hoot, I love the guy hanging on your dashboard, so funny.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful retreat! You all look like you had so much fun. When the weather is poor, stitching indoors is the best place to be!

I plan to start my Turn Turn in June as my evening stitching once I finish my Just Nan-athon. I can’t wait, I’m so excited to see how it comes out.

Katie said...

How fun. Looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing.

Faith... said...

Looks like a fun weekend Astrid. The plaid fabric is cute and the Noteworthy Needle piece looks very interesting.

Toki said...

It looks like you had a great time. You and your friends are both very with their smiles.Highest!!
A macho man seems to be popular.
Thank you for showing up so many photos.
I also enjoyed a lot.