Friday 6 December 2019

Day 6 of the Advent Calendar 🎅

Welcome to day...
This blog hop keeps you entertained up until Christmas, so if you haven't started from the 1st, head on over to Jo's to see who to visit.

This piece is Santa Visits Maryland, from Samplers Revisited. I chose to stitch this for my Dad, a true Welshman, but who has been living here in Maryland much longer than he did in Wales! I'm sure he'll be happy with it, but next year he'll get a Welsh Father Christmas to make him really happy.
This is not the true finish, but I thought he needed a little sprucing up. Although I do like the way it looks.


The other part of the hop this year is sharing our favourite Christmas movie. I have so many, from the oldies to the modern ones, dramas, comedies, and musicals, it's hard to pick just one. 
But I'll go with this one...
This is one of the ones we watch on Christmas Eve as a family (Christmas Vacation is the other), both are super silly but we love them!
Some of my favourite quotes - "Son of a nutcracker!"
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup."
"He's an angry elf." And so many more!

I'm going to add one that isn't really a movie, but an animation. I love it because it tells the story of how Santa came to be. A friend I used to work with dressed as Mrs. Claus because her husband truly looked like Santa (especially in costume), but she never knew what to tell the kids when they asked her what her first name was. I let her borrow the movie and now she knows she's Jessica!


Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and Blessed New Year, make some wonderful memories!

Just a reminder, a smile doesn't cost anything and it might even be contagious. 😁💗

17 comments:

DJ said...

Oh...I love your Maryland Santa!! I'm sure your Dad will love it! You know how my family feels about Elf...and that Mike likes to dress up as Buddy! Great choices for Christmas giggles! Your village looks dreamy! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Katie said...

Great post! Great movies. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Love the Santa you stitched for your Dad and your choice of film too.

Elfie said...

Such a lovely Santa. I'm sure your father will treasure it. Your regference to a Welsh Santa has intrigued me. I'd not heard of one, but I'd love to stitch one as I am of Welsh heritage. You've sent me on a mission now! I hope you and your family have a joyful Christmas.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a great Santa and good movies too, Merry Christmas

Cathy said...

Love the Santa and your Christmas village.

Barb said...

What a wonderful gift for your Dad!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Perfect gift for your Dad! And I love your beautifully lit little village scene. Wish we had room for one of those!

Sheryl said...

A great gift for your dad. Merry Christmas

Ariadne said...

Your winter village is so beautiful Have a great time till and at Christmas. AriadnefromGreece!

Barb said...

I know your Dad will love that Santa. Great advice about the smile!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

FlashinScissors said...

I love the Santa for your dad! I’m so glad he wasn’t really an evil Santa, tee hee!
What a lovely post Astrid. I’ll be looking out for those films this Christmas and look forward to seeing them “through your eyes”!
Have a super Christmas!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

jocondine said...

Great Santa chart! Love your snowy village display, can't wait for closer pictures! xxx

Rachel said...

Great advent blog hop post. I love your villages, especially after having spotted the Palace of Westminster! :)

Christine said...

Beautiful stitching! Happy Christmas

Shelly said...

Great gift for your dad. I have watched Elf once! I was watching a Pirates of the Caribbean movie and it was previewing Elf and I had to laugh at Son of a Nutcracker! Merry Christmas!

Beth in IL said...

Cute Santa!