Thursday 8 August 2019

Summer Exchange at Needlecraft Haven 📬

I participated in Needlecraft Haven's Summer Exchange and the theme was a cat or dog pincushion. Can you guess what I chose?!

Take a look at Clare's blog - Aimetu's Stitching to see her part in it.
I received it while we were away and then brought it with me to my parents in case I was still there on reveal day. But we came home that day so I opened it then. I sent my package off to Deb and she had me, although we didn't find out until later.

Oh boy, Mom got a package and we see a cat! Ok, maybe they don't look that excited, but I was.


I love what I received from Deb! Aren't they adorable?!


This is the backside, more kitties!


And a lovely card, two pins, and sweet magnet that matches the colours on the pincushion.


Ming and Max approved!

Max helping with the display.
Right now it sits beside me in the great room while I stitch, but I'm sure it will make it's way in my craft room when I'm in there.



This is what I made for Deb.


You can't go wrong with Margaret Sherry!


I put it on an Altoids tin with a puffy top and this was the bottom.


The inside where I added a thin magnet on the bottom to hold needles.
That's a hard one to photograph!


It was a fun exchange and I think I heard something about a Halloween one?! 🎃🕸🕷👻

14 comments:

Rachel said...

They're really sweet exchanges; glad your cats approve! :)

Mary said...

What lovely exchanges!!! Ming and Max are beautiful, don't you just love how inquisitive cats are?

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you for taking part in our Summer Exchange, gorgeous cat pin cushions both sent and received.

Vickie said...

Oh how cute they both are!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Awww - what fun!! Not sure which is cuter - the real furry friends or the cross stitched creations.

Katie said...

Great exchange!

Linda said...

What a fun exchange Astrid. Love both designs.

Linda

Faith... said...

Beautiful pieces on both sides of the exchange!

Shelly said...

Very cute. Exchanges are so much fun:)

Julie said...

It was a lovely exchange, all of you made something delightful.

FlashinScissors said...

Oh, how lovely! Both gifts look really cute, and I love the tin!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Cathy said...

What you received was really nice, but I love the Altoids tin you made, especially the M.S. Kitty and the inside. BTW, I would have chosen cats, too.

Bethan said...

Oh how cute! It must have been so fiddly to put it on the box?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great exchange. I do love Margaret Sherry designs and that tin is adorable.

Your cats are very good not to knead the beautiful pillow too.