Friday 23 August 2019

Cakes! 🥮

I wish I had known this earlier, I would have baked a cake!


This is my Dad's version, adding whipped cream and mandarin oranges. He calls it a Nesta Cake because Nana Nesta in Wales gave him her recipe. Although it never really tastes the same as having it in Britain. 😞
For my British friends, do you have a special recipe you use? I'd love to get it to taste like it should!


So it was movie night on Wednesday at the Commons... Shrek sure knows how to take care of those frogs!


And Kupcakes & Co had Shrek cupcakes, yum!


I just had to wear my ears and crown. Nathan was not impressed... job accomplished! 



Such fun! Next week is Princess Bride, I wonder what I can wear to that?!

10 comments:

Dogmom Diva said...

That cake looks delicious! Great movies, too! Have a great weekend
Barb

Vickie said...

What a great looking cake!How neat that your town has movie night like that!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Unfortunately I am not good at baking cakes so I am no help at all. I wonder if the US versions of the ingredients have more artificial flavourings or additives? Your chocolate is not as delicious as our's! Sorry!
Themed cake and film nights sound like a wonderful idea.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I knew I shouldn't have opened a post that had 'cake' as the subject....now I'm craving cake. Shrek movies are fun, for both adults AND kids!

FlashinScissors said...

Sorry, I don’t cook cakes, so I can’t help there! Other than to agree with Jo, its probably hard to get the same ingredients out there! Who cooked it? You or your dad?
Looks like a fun night out! Poor Nathan, what are you doing to his “street cred”, tee hee!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

I hate cooking in general so don't bake often, especially as our oven is useless and nothing ever rises! But DD cooks loads of Gluten Free cakes for herself so some of those end up in my tummy! Hope your Shrek cupcake was delicious. :)

RJ said...

That cake looks wonderful...a slice right now would be wonderful. Hope you get the right recipe from someone. You are always doing such fun things...you looked adorable too. I've been gone this last week at a reunion with our six best friends from college. So today I'm catching up with all my blogging buddies. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Katie said...

Delicious looking. Love Shrek but Princess Bride is the best!!

Barb said...

That cake looks so yummy! Isn't it fun to embarrass your children ?!

Bethan said...

The cake looks great. I have eaten it but I'm afraid I don't have a recipe (not much of a baker!). I love the Shrek headband! x