Friday 23 August 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground 🛫

Today brings us to Dulles Airport taking Gman2 to school. Just a little farther away than a four hour drive to Ohio!


My three guys with his luggage. He also brought his Scout backpack to use when he travels over there. I think he's there to study, but he's going to be so busy doing so many other things too!


First to Frankfurt, then to Vienna, and ultimately to Gaming, Austria. He'll be there for the semester, coming home mid December.


First time traveling on his own that far, maybe I should have gone with him?! We might show up there in a couple of months to visit him and take him to see the German side of the family. 🤞


I'm missing him already!


I did stitch on the way to the airport and then on the way back. Yucky rain and all that traffic.
I played with the colours and only need to buy a couple I don't have anything to match it with.


Are you a car stitcher? And I don't mean while driving!

9 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You will miss him (and even though he will not want to admit it, he'll miss home too). It's hard to let them go, for sure. And no - no stitching in the car for me, mainly because at the first bump in the road I'll drop my needle and never find it again.

Vickie said...

Astrid, I do not remember what this son is studying. I am sorry. When we take long trips I do stitch.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful trip for him. Does he speak much German?
I cannot stitch in the car, I can't read and can barely look at a map without motion sickness. One of the reasons I love train travel so much!

FlashinScissors said...

Tee hee! I can’t stitch in the car, I’d be too busy watching the traffic! I’d hate travelling in that much traffic!
Looks a nice project.
Hope you son enjoys his time there!
Gosh, you’ve got German family too!?!
Is he only there until December?
Hugs,
Barbara x

Faith... said...

Austria is a bit farther than a four hour drive! Hope he enjoys his time there; studying and exploring.

Rachel said...

Hope your son has arrived safely and settled in well. At least keeping in contact is easier than when I was at uni - usually one phone call a week and these antique things called 'letters'! :)

Katie said...

Wow. I bet you do miss him already. I hope you guys do get to go visit him. I don't normally stitch while traveling. Love the piece you started.

Barb said...

I hope he has a wonderful year!

Bethan said...

I hope Gman2 has a wonderful year and safe travels! I don't tend to stitch whilst travelling unless I'm on a train x