Friday 25 January 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground 🛋

Although not exactly my stitching ground this afternoon, it's prepping for stitching.
Here's the table in my craft room, let me show how you how I got here.


Yesterday I went to Joann's because I had a 40% off coupon, so I thought I would replace the 18 skeins of floss I can't find I'm out of. All the Christmas goodies were 75% off, an extra bonus. I also got the mats to use for my silk gauze. This lot cost $15.88, not too shabby.


Today I hit Michaels to use my $5.00 coupon and also 20% off including sale items. I didn't think they had the new DMC colours because they weren't with the others, but after browsing around, I found where they were hiding it! I thought about buying all of the new floss, but really didn't like all of the colours and it wasn't really a need, but a want.
This lot only cost me $1.72 and it showed the floss on sale for .11... awesome! I still have another $5 off, so maybe I'll have to go back tomorrow?!


And as I'm sitting here writing this, Sirena is next to me waiting to be stitched on later this evening.


15 comments:

RJ said...

Great shopping and buys Astrid. I wish I had been there with you. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

I would say you did very well!! I love that linen you are stitching on. It is a lovely color.

Vickie said...

Oh you did very well Astrid!

Katie said...

Great job on your shopping trips. Good luck with Sirena!

Linda said...

Wow! Fantastic shopping trip Astrid. My Joann"s is a small store so they don't carry alot of stuff. Wish I was with you.

Linda

FlashinScissors said...

Great shopping trip Astrid!
I’ve got a new start ready for Jo’s SSS block hop, and would you believe I couldn’t find the 12 thread colours I needed, so, funny thing, I was out yesterday buying threads too! And then, last night my side table was looking a lot like yours, as I prepped the colours ready for stitching!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

deb said...

Oooh, I think I'm going to tag along with you to go craft shopping - you came home with a great bunch of stuff for very little $$!

HAIR CLIPS! You are brilliant! What a perfect way to keep that rolled up linen from creasing. Guess what's going on my shopping list. :)

What a great start on Sirena - she's going to be gorgeous, especially on that lovely fabric you picked to use.

Faith... said...

Woohoo Astrid! Npt one good shopping trip, but two! Lucky lady. I hope you get some time in on Sirena this weekend.

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

I’m always jealous of people who have Joann’s at their fingertips. I was just down in the States last weekend and of course the Joann’s run was in the cards. Nearly $200 of “stuff” later and I was feeling rather happy with myself.

Julie said...

Lovely bargains you found

Cathy said...

Looks like you got lots of goodies! I didn't know Michael's had the new colors. I've gotten the ones I need at Hobby Lobby.

I love Sirena, especially the fabric you chose, but I can't imagine counting that far and not making a mistake!

ricketyjo said...

Ooooooh, pretty!! What lovely thread colours :)

Janet said...

Those shopping hauls look great. Thanks for sharing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great stash! 11c a skein is awesome. I need one skein and will probably have to pay £1 at least from the local shop.

Sheryl said...

Great shopping bargains and a lot of pretty thread colours - they are never on sale here but we might find a needlework shop that is closing and so find some thread reduced. DMC costs 1,20 euros.