Wednesday 23 January 2013

Hermitting Weekend at the Lake

Nathan had a half day last Friday and all the boys had off Monday AND Tuesday, so we took advantage of it and headed to the lake.  It was cold and super windy, so we pretty much relaxed in the house and I was actually able to stitch.  But not as much as I would have liked to, with the Grow Your Blog Party going on!  Not that I'm complaining, because I've met a lot more friends - hello new following friends!  I know I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog reading, so everyone please stop posting until I do!  ;)

Frosted Trees

Behind the Mountain State Brewery Co, where we had dinner on Friday

View from the house, the lake starting to freeze in areas

Another beautiful, but cold and windy evening

This is what I was able to do - a little here, a little there! 
Parsley's Poopy Pattern curse hasn't appeared, thank goodness.  Does having a stinky litter box count?!
I changed his eyes, I thought it looked like he was wearing glasses in the photo!
 
We actually left the lake on Sunday, and the boys and I headed to my parents on the way home to stay until Tuesday - that's my next post.  I'm hoping my Dad will do his guest blogger bit!

8 comments:

McKenna C. said...

Love your pictures! Good thing the curse has't continued yet. :)

~McKenna

Nicola said...

Your weekend sounds idyllic. For me there is nothing better that living besides water.

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely weekend break pics, the dog is rather sweet

Melissa said...

Great progress! The dog is cute :)

DJ said...

Seeing pictures of the lake makes me long for a girls weekend!! I'm so glad you were able to get away for a few days and your stitching looks great!! Can I hide in your suitcase next time? I promise I'll keep out of the way...LOL See you soon! *Hugs*

Mii Stitch said...

Nice progress on the "poopy" design! You're right, it looks like the dog is wearing glasses :D I like what you've done!

Parsley said...

Haha...nice poopy stitching. I'm glad no poopy accidents there. Looks like mine have stopped!

JShelby said...

you have a lovely place to hermit into!