Wednesday 23 March 2011

Quilts and a finished SAL!


After the quilt show, after lunch at Good 'N Plenty, after shopping at the Amish and/or Mennonite quilt shops, after spending the night in Lancaster, after shopping at some of the outlet stores, and finally, after another quilt shop and then lunch... we finally headed back to HJ's!  
HJ retired in December and moved to Pennsylvania from Virginia.  She moved next to her son and his family, into the nicest little house which has a HUGE craft/quilting room.  
She might be in the middle of nowhere, but she's in her own world here!


Here she is, showing her stuff.  She has made some beautiful quilts and I'll show you more on my next post.  Bet you didn't know that animals love shoes too!


 

I met DJ & Marie today to do some stitching and finally finished my first Margaret Sherry cat! I think my problem was that I was trying to make it look more like Max and couldn't quite get it right. Although it looks like there is a stain to the left of the cake, there is something wrong with the camera, not the fabric! 




I'm not sure if Max really cares for it, or maybe he's just interested in the cake!

3 comments:

Parsley said...

Your stitching is really nice! Makes me smile!

Love the quilts. Wish I had a tutor for quilt making and sewing.

♥ Nia said...

LOL!! I can see the resemblance to Max :D

Carol's Stitching said...

That craft room is do die for! :) Wow maybe someday..... :)

Your stitching is so cute and I love your cat. I am going to have to try a Margaret Sherry design one of these days.