Tuesday 23 March 2021

A Very Generous Friend 🥰

A friend from church knows that I'm a stitcher, and asked if I would like her supplies as she is no longer stitching. Um, yes please!

I know I have all of the DMC colours, including the newest ones, but having extra is always handy.
How do you store your extras? I have one big container that holds all of them, then smaller boxes like these to hold the extras. Because I have them from different places, I now have three sets of them.. I think I should put them together in order instead of searching through each set when I need one. How do you sorts your extras? 


I'm pretty sure all of this is Aida fabric, which I very rarely use. But this will have a new home once I send it to Cathy @ The Stitching Grandma. She stitches adorable smaller pieces and donates them to various places/charities. I'm sorry I haven't sent it yet, Cathy. I must do it this week!


There are a few here I would like to stitch, the fall/Halloween ones for sure. Do any of these interest you?


These are very sweet, but I doubt I'll stitch them. Any interest?


These are adorable, not sure if I should save them for future grandchildren?!


Oh my, some oldies! Obviously you don't have to stitch them on clothing, although I'm sure DH would wear a couple of those sweaters! 🤣


Now these are very tempting, but maybe not stitching them as a stocking? I might need to think about that.


I have a few of the Prairie Schooler Santas, but this is a nice bunch! I do have plans to stitch them at some point. I even saw them finished in a tin house frames that I really liked.


I'm not really a sampler stitcher, are you?

 
This is one she started, but didn't finish. This is so sweet, I might just have to! Although I'm thinking of making it totally vertical instead of a stocking.


I used to have a clutch purse like the one in the picture, many moons ago! I wonder if it's still in a stray box at my parents house?!
Anything of interest here?


So thanks to Vickie, who gave me all these treasures. She's happy to hear that I'm sharing them with my stitching friends! If you see anything you would like, please let me know. If you need a better look, I can always sent a single photo of it.

8 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, you hit the stitching jackpot! If you decide to get rid of the sampler stockings let me know. I have it but I think the Lucy Redd sampler brings a good price on ebay. It is out of print.

Smily-Света said...

Incredible! I's a real treasure!

diamondc said...

Astrid: Wow that is a load of stash, I have lots of older designs I should also get rid of but have a hard time doing so.
I sort all my DMC threads put them on thread cards and put in numerical order so I know right where to go and find the one I need.
I am looking forward to seeing what you will choose to work on.
Have a beautiful day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What wonderful haul! I am drawn to the four seasonal houses the most, I'd like a closer photo of the Shepherds Bush in the same photo. It looks Hallowe'en to me? But only after you've finished with them. Unless you want to make me a nice sweatshirt with a floral design?

I keep my DMC in Flossaway bags which can hold up to four skeins of the same colour. If there are dyelots issues I use a second bag and write US dyelot on the front. Some of the skeins I was sent by US people are slightly different to the ones from the UK.




Cathy said...

What a generous gift! Both to you and from you! I keep my DMC in snack bags with a 3 x 5 card. I can fit all the skeins of one color in each back and some bags have a lot of skeins (I wonder how that happened). I have some Seriolite containers that I got from Walmart a few years ago. It takes six of them to hold all the DMC floss.

DJ said...

Hey Astrid, there are a couple of the P Buckley Moss I have been looking for and would love to have (Solitary Skater and Apple Girl), along with the Beatrix Potter (I don't know if you heard, I'm going to be a Grandma in September!)(I'm willing to pay!!) I store my floss in boxes with drawers, sure makes it easer to find floss when I go looking for them!

Faith... said...

How awesome for you! You really scored big.

I am a bobbinator! I have two full sets on bobbins. The first set is in my XS Chest and the second set is in those plastic boxes. When I finish the bobbin in my chest I move the one from the plastic box to the chest. My extras after the two sets are stored by the 100 number into ziploc bags and I look there to see if I have any to wrap on the empty bobbin. If I don't the bobbin goes into my wallet for my next trip to a store that sells DMC! And that, is my system!

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a generous friend, that's a lovely collection. It's very kind of you to share, Cathy will make good use of the fabric and I'm sure the charts will find good homes. I have a full set of DMC although not all the new ones. I keep mine on bobbins in boxes like yours, they are in numerical order, I also have an old DMC colour chart which is very useful when matching colour sets.