Friday 27 November 2020

Scavenger Photo Hunt, November 📷

Another month has flown by and we just celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. It was definitely on the warm side for the end of November, we even had the door open to cool off the kitchen!
Now it's time for Katie and her I love, I love, I craft, I am me... scavenger photo hunt.


The words for November are...

Houseplant/s
We bring this hibiscus plant in during the winter (although it's still outside at the moment) and it blooms while inside. A nice thing to see when it's all white outside!



Ring/s
This was taken while DH and I went on a hot air balloon ride years ago in the late fall. I was taking photos of the scenery and got this one of us. Even though I'm afraid of heights, I loved it and would go again in a heartbeat!



Harbour
I tried to find photos from Clovelly when we stayed at Clovelly Court twice, but that was back in the 80's and those photos are much harder to find!
But here's Baltimore, Maryland's Inner Harbour. It's a nice spot to walk around, although now I'm sure it's pretty quiet and I don't know how much is even open there. 

This is the USS Constellation (1854), now a museum at the harbour, but is currently closed.



Window
Nathan has this little window in his closet at the front of the house and we have a colourful, friendly ghost that likes to look out of it! This time he's looking at the full moon around Halloween a few years ago.



Sky
Deep Creek Lake in western Maryland is a beautiful place to see the moon and the stars since it's pretty isolated out there.

And this beautiful cotton candy sky is a scene from our deck looking out the back.



My own choice
Our Halloween tree guy seems to be sticking around for the holidays! He'll be getting some company this weekend with some other holiday friends.



Make sure you take a look at the other scavenger hunt photos and I hope to see you next month as Katie has decided to post then too since we're had such a crazy 2020! It can only get better from here, right?!

19 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your photos this month. The cotton candy sky is so beautiful!

shazza said...

Your plants vivid red makes for a nice contrast to the white snow. I would love a hot air balloon ride. One day! The Halloween Tree is spooky. :)

shazza said...

Your plants vivid red makes for a nice contrast to the white snow. I would love a hot air balloon ride. One day! The Halloween Tree is spooky. :)

shazza said...

Your plants vivid red makes for a nice contrast to the white snow. I would love a hot air balloon ride. One day! The Halloween Tree is spooky. :)

kjsutcliffe said...

Beautiful sky photos, the colours are gorgeous, my favourite photo is from the hot air balloon, thank you for joining in x

Tigermouse said...

I love the sky photos and the tall ship but my favourite is the hibiscus, the red blooms really stand out against the white snow :)

Threads through my life said...

Love, love, love the sky photos. I gave up on house plants years ago but your hibiscus is lovely as is the friendly ghost in Nathan's window.

Linda said...

Love all the pictures this month Astrid as always. Love the tree.

Linda

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I always enjoy your scavenger hunt posts. That hibiscus is incredible and such a ray of brightness against the snow. And I seriously think Tree Guy should be up all year - there's all sorts of ways to dress him up for either occasions or seasonally.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great photos Astrid. It always makes me smile that we have the same place names both sides of the water, we live in Clovelly Way although we're in the centre of the UK and Clovelly is a small fishing village in Devon.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely photos, especially the skies. Not sure whether most children would like the scary window, but it's a good choice. Best of all is that TREE. Love it. Take care, stay safe & hugs from down under.

Ella said...

Love your sky photos, especially the second one. Beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

I love your sky photos and the little window reminds me of the attic room where Ceaser lived in one of The Planet of the Apes films 😃

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful photos! I love your Halloween tree guy.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely photos as usual. You do have a good eye for a shot. I seem to recall that you have visited Clovelly in the U.K.? But not Clare's address!

Jak said...

Love your photographs especially your Halloween Tree. I agree, he should stay up all the time, dressed appropriately. I have never grown a hibiscus as a pot plant as we know it as a shrub or even a hedge in our gardens in Southern Africa. I think it might be worth a try. xx

diamondc said...

Astrid: That tree is a hoot, I think I would leave him out for Christmas and hang a few ornaments from his hands.
Beautiful outdoor photos, so pretty.
Your rings are so pretty, so sweet holding hands together, it is such an intimate thing to do.
The ghost in the window is so sweet.
Have a beautiful day

Catherine

Faith... said...

Very nice photos. I particularly like the one of DH and your hands. That looks like it would be a nice anniversary card. The photo of the Deep Creek Lake is beautiful too!

Katie said...

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.