Saturday 26 September 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🎃

 This evening was spend in the Gartenhaus, with company! I headed out there by myself after getting my Mom to bed, but Miss Addie wasn't happy that I left her in the house so my Dad brought her out to keep me company.
The windows were open with the cool air coming in, it was wonderful! I had the "fire" on, but only the lights not the heat.


 I joined in on the Halloween 2020 SAL, created by Alyssa Westhoek, and finally started stitching the border on the material I had ice dyed earlier. It's just counting right now, easy peasy. I know I'll change some of the pattern on the border, but I won't figure that out until I see what's coming. Is anyone else stitching this?


So Addie and I saw this while walking today and seeing that big black band is supposed to mean we'll be having a hard winter. We'll see, but snow please! Have you heard what your weather is going to be like this winter?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Che occhioni adorabili che ha il amichetto pelosetto ;)
Mi piace molto il colore della stoffa, sicuramente risulterà un bel ricamo. Brava
Buon weekend
Giusi

Vickie said...

Oh I love it that Addie came to stitch with you! :)
Ugh. You want the snow huh? You can have all of ours, how about that?!

Cathy said...

Enjoy the Stitchonomy SAL; I'm looking forward to watching your progress. You're still at your parents so I hope everything is going okay. Addie is so cute, too.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The Gartenhaus gives a whole new elevation to a she-shed. Don't know what to expect re the weather here this winter but Resident Chef heard that we're supposed to have a mild fall. How they know these things is beyond me!

Linda said...

Such a great place to stitch Astrid. Love your helper.


Linda

Katie said...

I don't blame Addie for wanting to join you. Too cute. What a beautiful place. Our heater in our cabin does the same thing with the light that looks like a fire. We love it. We use it as a nightlight. They keep saying we are due for another blizzard. We'll see.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Gartenhaus is a wonderful place to sit and stitch, especially with the fire burning!
Your fabric for the SAL is great, are you in the FB group? I got roped in to help Admin!

Barb said...

What a lovely placed to stitch. I have heard that our weather is going to be fairly typical what ever that means!

Faith... said...

Me! Me! I am stitching it too. I LOVE your fabric it looks fabulous. Makes me want to dye with ice. Did you follow something on a website when you did it and if so could your share it?

I love the Gartenhaus every time you show pictures from there. It looks so serene and relaxing. How lucky you and Addie get to relax there. How is your Dad doing? Did he have his procedure? NO hard winter please, it has already been a rough summer.

Mary's Thread said...

I always loved Wooly Bears! They are just so darn cute!