Saturday 19 September 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground ⛟

 Today was spent helping one of my chosen sisters move from West Virginia back to Maryland. Luckily, it was DH's day off so he was able to help too. Which also meant he drove us to pick up the truck near the house, so I was able to do some stitching on the way. I'm now working on the headless Indian couple.


This barn was on the way to the house and I liked it so I had to take a photo of it!


When we were finally done and back home, it was time to relax and do some more stitching in the enclosed porch. No real progress from the car stitching so nothing to really show.


And since it's finally been on the cooler side, it was tea time while stitching. Are you a tea drinker? If so, what is your favourite? I prefer PG Tips, but I also have plenty of flavoured tea that I enjoy, including a pumpkin one.

10 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That's a great barn - love the colour! I enjoy tea but I'm more of a coffee lover, although now the weather is cooler I have a cup of oolong tea in the evenings. Coffee is for the morning and then mid-afternoon I vary between iced coffee (when it's hot outside), regular coffee, or flavoured teas. I need to drink up the ones I have on hand and indulge myself in some new ones.

Meg said...

Oh, your enclosed porch is just wonderful. You must love it! That is a pretty barn, too! We see lots of them when we go to the Oregon Coast, and many have wooden “barn quilts.” (Google “Oregon Quilt Barn Trail” and see images.) I’m not a regular tea drinker, but I do love Bigelow Constant Comment Green Tea (spicy but not over the top) and Bigelow Lemon Ginger. Another favorite is Stash Tea Mellow Moments, a blend of chamomile and peppermint.

RJ said...

What fun Astrid that you have a friend moving back home near you. I'm not a tea drinker but the names are always tempting me. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Cathy said...

I'm glad you were able to help your friend and got some stitching time too. I'm not a tea drinker and the only coffee I like has to be heavily flavored with chocolate.

Faith... said...

That is a pretty long ride you guys took but it was very nice of you to help her move. That is a pretty cool looking barn! Hope the Indian couple can find their heads soon. I don't drink tea, that is my daughter's thing. She gets some monthly tea collection of different flavors to try. I am strictly a coffee girl but I do love some pumpkin coffee.

diamondc said...

Astrid: What a sweet thing to do help your Chosen Sister to move, moving can be such a chore.
Your Sampler is coming along.
I cannot stitch in the car, I have to watch for deer, we have an over abundance of them here in Minnesota.
Beautiful barn with Flag.
Sweet porch setting.
I drink flavored teas I love raspberry teas.

Catherine

Katie said...

I'm not a tea fan. That porch area looks like a lovely place to stitch indeed.

ricketyjo said...

I LOVE your porch! Totally jealous, what a lovely stitching spot that must be. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a great barn! Well worth a photo.
I'm not a tea drinker but my Mum and Brother are. They have an entire cupboard dedicated to different teas.

Linda said...

I so love your enclosed porch Astrid. I'm a coffee drinker. No tea for me.

Linda