Thursday 10 September 2020

A Birthday Wish for my Dad 🎉

On October 6th, my Dad will be 80 years old!
For my Mom's 80th, so many of you were kind enough to send her a birthday card or birthday wishes and I was hoping to do the same for my Dad. A couple of weeks ago I posted about staying with my parents when Dad had his hand surgery and how much he does for my Mom. I think this would really be special for him, especially since it doesn't look like we'll really be able to have a big celebration.


He says he still has his scooter license... somewhere in the house!


Guy Fawkes Night in Wales


Dad's "Sun In" phase one summer which made his hair white with a tint of orange!


Hartland, Devon. One of my favourite places too.
And he still has that jacket too!


Having fun on his birthday a few years back.


My Dad really does everything for my Mom - even trying on her clothes to see what fits and what needs to be donated! 😆


So if you're interested in sending a card (via post or email) please let me know. I'll give you my address instead of his, that way he'll have no idea it's coming. I'm going to try and go see him on his actual birthday, although it might just be on my own. Also, please make sure I have an email address for you to respond.


And once again, I'm way behind on responding to your comments and reading blogs. And just when I thought I was almost caught up, I'll get there!

10 comments:

dianne said...

i'd be happy to send your dad a birthday card!!!

Vickie said...

I see your father has a very good sense of humor!!!
I do have your parents address still, but you prefer I send a card to you directly is that correct Astrid? I have your address also.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your dad has such a twinkle in his eye - he must have a great sense of humour! Please extend happiest of Birth Day wishes to him!

Faith... said...

I would love to send him a card. Please send me their address (I am not sure I still have it) or should we send it to you?

Barb said...

You have a wonderful handsome Father. I would be more than happy to send him a card!I used to have their address but not now so please send it to me.

Smily-Света said...

I'd like to send a card with nice wishes as far as from Hungary :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm happy to send your Mum's toyboy a card for his special Birthday!
Thanks for giving us enough notice to organise something too.

Annie said...

I hope your dad had a lovely birthday and received plenty of cards!

Ann C. said...

I would love to make your Dad a birthday card. This will give me practice for my Mother-in-law's 80th birthday card for February 2021. Does your Dad have a favourite colour?

Katie said...

Wow I hope he has a fantastic birthday...or had. I don't know how far I am behind.